1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A very good day

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhh, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhh

jhh Member

I see a lot of post that have a negative tone in them and possibly this is necessary for any group in order to improve some situatuon. This post is to call attention to a really good day we had at the club in Abilene, Texas yesterday. One of our members has been stricken with cancer and with the treatments ongoing can't work. Of course finicial times are now tough for his family. Another member and myself undertook setting up a benefit shoot on his behalf and we had it at the club yesterday. Many of the club members pitched in to "run" the shoot and it went smoothly. We had about 60 shooters that shot a sporting clay event, we gave away a Browning Shotgun as a door prize, (which the winner put in the auction so it was sold, with the funds goint to the family) and we had a silent auction of donated items. As of yesterday evening we had collected a little over $11000.00 for the family. When my friend and I came up with the idea of this we thought it would raise two or three thousand dollars. Yes that previous figure is accurate. When I saw that roughly 60 people put together the amount that they did I was so very proud of the people that shoot at our club. What a group of goodly people God has blessed us with. John Hancock

2. jhh

jhh Member

By the way, I became a member of this club in 1960, there are still a few of us old goats still around and obviously this is a good club to be a part of. John Hancock

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

What a nice story and nice thing to do. It proves that even though trapshooters are very hard to sell to and close with their money, they will step up to help a fellow shooter. John if you ever come to Idaho you will be shooting for free on me. Lou M Pres Melba GC

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Great story....good people!!

Curt

5. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

Trapshooters are some of the nicest people to meet in your life. John, god bless you and all other guys that came to help.

Peter

6. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anytime you're able to help somebody in need, it's always a very good day. Chichay

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Always great to hear about a club like that. And having the members willing to make it happen. Good job!!

Rich in Indiana

8. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Great job John and the rest that where involved. I have been apart of a similar situation, it's a great feeling to help someone in need. I wish all the best to your friend.

Kooz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

avary good day