1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A TWO Trillion Dollar War

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grnberetcj, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Apples v. Oranges....

Want to really rack your brain and senses? Just take a look at ALL the money that is wasted and squandered in the federal budget. Then drop down to your state level and then onto the municipal level.....

Then get back to us with your question and/or statement!

Curt

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

This countries security is a federal issue. Health care for neer-do-wells and others who are several times poverty income is really not a federal issue in my idea of government.

3. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Moms and Dads are responsible for their childrens' health care, not the Federal government. Curt is right.

You want to entrust your loved ones' care to governments (Federal, state, local) which can't keep highways and basic services maintained; which can't even keep street lights replaced?

My parents didn't trust anyone, outside our physician, to help us stay healthy.

Dennis

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Spend that kind of money and more building nuke plants, refineries,oil rigs and all the other possible fuel sources and recearch, We would no longer have the sand people controlling our economy.

We finance terror every time we go to the pump. We need to figure out a way to render their black gunk worthless. This should be top priority above all things.

Saddam was a devil and got his just due, I just wish we could have took him out pesonaly with a gift from the sky instead of trying to pull another Vietnam, Look how the Afgani's and the cold war broke Russia.

5. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Think of it as prventive medicine Gordy and take you Democrap trolling elswhere.

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

shannon391 DITTO!

7. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Sorry to hear how much this war is costing us as a nation. If we ever win how do we know and how can we tell we have won this war? I think that's a hard question to answer. I personally believe it's about making a few people very rich and that the very first quest that I have finally heard someone say as the truth which was to preserve our use of the second largest oil field and supply of oil in the world could have been done differently and just as effectively with blockade of the oil to begin with. We now are a much devided nation on who believes what about this war. I would like some answers though and a couple of them are about the money being thrown at the war. If the homes are for the most part thick walled mud huts why are we spending 346 million a day to rebuild the country? Why rebuild at all? That's just one of the things that's bad about a war, you get your country torn up and you have to rebuild it. Remember the pictures of WWII and the German poeple out in the ruble with their hands starting to clean up and rebuild their own country? I think that's what the Iraqies should be doing. Also if the war is costing so much per day why has the benefits for the injured veterans been messed with and who is responsible for the cuts in those benefits? I have no knowledge of how to find out but I'd bet that 90% of the injuries are from road side bombs. That's the only way those guys can fight us other than small skirmishes. Why is it that the equipment we sent over was not fortified for those roadside bombs? I'm not talking about being able to withstand those blasts and drive thru like in our movies I'm talking about being able to open the doors and get six people out of it alive and intact. We lost five soldiers in Iraq yesterday according to one of the internet news pieces. What a terrible waste of our young people. Dan

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Last year Bank of America ads were bragging that they had 3/4 of a trillion dollars out in home loans. Kinda hard to grasp the numbers that get tossed around. What was it Sen. Everette Dirksen used to say back in the '60s, " A million here, a million there, pretty soon it adds up to real money."

9. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

I copied this from another web page, but omitted the author..

Subject: I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK

I was sitting here tonight thinking that I would like to have my Country back. I would like to ask the current Presidential candidates some questions, like just how much are spending on flying boat type aircraft?? The Soviet union has a whole fleet of designs that can land thousands of troops and equipment at a time, on any shore in the world. So how much are we doing to counter and meet this??? Nothing. Is the entire judicial and executive branches of the government too busy working on having a Communist take over?? Or just not doing their jobs??

I want my borders sealed, I want all of the illegal aliens out NOW!!. I want NAFTA and GAT gone NOW. I want FREE Trade Gone Now!!. I want our oil wells OPENED up now.
    I want people in my country to be able to work NOW. You can't even call a tech support center that can speak understandable English to help you work on your computer. What happened to American tech support instead of having Pakistani tech support?

I want the money now flowing to every pompous country around the world that hates our guts STOPPED. What have they ever done for America OR the American taxpayer??

I want to be free again!!!! I want to be able to speak my mind without it being called hate speech, or chance someone suing me because they were 'offended'.

I don't want to have to report to the Government to take a stroll in the mountains, or pay a fee to see a national monument. I don't want access to the wilderness areas denied me because the wildlife is too important to disturb, or I can't afford the fee to do so.

I want employers to be able to hire people without being penalized by excessive taxes AND the employee having to pay additional high taxes also.

Get rid of OSHA, and the EPA; I have seen them destroy good companies. The government was not set up by the founding fathers to have that kind of power.

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!! The schools have rewritten all the history books to be 'politically' correct and true history is changed, and filth is taught in the classrooms. Children are encouraged to report their parents to school authorities if they are 'spanked'. Eleven year old children can have abortions without telling their parents, but The Ten Commandments cannot be posted in any public area.

I fought for this country. For this country I have held men in my arms while they died, thousands of miles from my home. I have earned the right to voice my opinion loud and clear, to whoever does and does NOT choose to listen.

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK! Then when that kind of politician has those kind of guts to give me my country back, I'll vote for them and fight for them.

10. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK! Then when that kind of politician has those kind of guts to give me my country back, I'll vote for them and fight for them.**

The only politician who even comes close is Ron Paul. The rest of them, both parties, are business as usual.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

We can't win this war Just like we did not win in Vietnam. All we are doing is pouring money down a rat hole.

12. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Gordie,

Which group above did you march with?

13. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

How much were the lives of the 3000+ worth? September 11th, 2001 was the day our lives changed and we need to get used to the idea that the islamist are out to kill us. I would spend twice that to kepp killing ragheads here and abroad.

I can handle trillions of dollars spent on a war, but I want to vomit when I see the other shit the govt spends our money on.

14. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Well then Gordy you shouldn't make the old guns or butter argument.

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Just because one believes that long term occupation of Iraq might not be the best thing for our country does not put them in the same category as the liberal freaks shown above.

I think we could hit'em much harder by weaning off their oil. If it wasn't for oil they would still be just an exotic little berg associated with tales of magic lamps flying carpets,camels and swords- just like it was before Standard Oil started drilling.

16. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

The constitution provided a right to national defense, it did not provide a right to public healthcare! Estimates on governmental sponsored healthcare programs range in "one year" as high as 4 to 7 billion dollars which is doubles the cost of our freedom. How do you expect the federal government to run a program of this magnitude when it has failed to oversee a SUPPLEMENTAL retirement program called Social Security? Congress ( both parties)left this country as the largest debter nation in the world?

No sane person wants or likes wars but we live in a world where tyranny, despotism and genocide are not just words these are real actions against free people world-wide. Unilateral disarmament or disengagement will not work against nation-states who have no value on life or lives, including their own! We must deal with religious fanatacism like we did with nazism. It must be irradicated. We must cut the head off the snake to kill the body!

The whole issue in congress with torture etc is nonsense! If you need information you get it any way you can..ANYWAY YOU CAN! We have to many millionaires, liberals and softies in Washington on both sides of the aisle. What kills me is that congress has an 11% approval rating, yet each of us continue to vote the same garbage politicians in time after time after time! These same pieces of garbage are not worried about their sons and daughters off to war. Their not worried about $3.00 plus gas or $37% taxes across the board. Politicians are so out of touch with the American population its scary!

Guys, like Gordy always have complaints but never solutions. Rest assure when the Dems come to power and I beleive they will.. foreign policy in the middle east "will not change." The Democratic controlled congress has failed on all 15 points ( changes within a 100 days in office). The only thing the Democrats will bring to Washington is more "pork projects and more taxes."

Gordy, "if you think the price of defending a country and its way of life is to high, wait till you get the bill for lack of freedom." You'll be whistling a different tune.

Rick

17. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

That would sure buy alot of lead shot!

18. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

we are slowly becoming a socialit nation. If Hillary Barrack, or some of the others get in power, it will speed thing up considerably. Whats up with Obama not saluting or wearing the flag anyway?

19. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Either that or disrespect for America Sammie.

20. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Gordy,

Love your wood but think you should wear a mask when you cut it. The fumes you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trillion dollar war for your brain