1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Trillion Dollars a Year.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JBrooks, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

From The Examinar

Democrat controlled Congress increased national debt 23%

by Dan Spencer,

When the Democrats regained control of Congress on January 4, 2007, the national debt was $8,670,596,242,973.04 -- that's $8.67 trillion.
    In the two years Pelosi and the Democrats have been in charge, the national debt has grown to $10,699,804,864,612.13 -- that's $10.70 trillion.
    Since Pelosi and the Democrats regained control of Congress $2,029,208,621,639.09, or $2.03 trillion, has been added to the national debt. That is a 23% increase in two years the Democrats have controlled Congress.
    The Democrat controlled Congress gets the credit for the soaring national debt because under the Constitution Congress controls the purse strings:
    Be sure to thank your Congress critters for a job well done -- a 23% increase in two years.
    Just Wait until Congress adds Obama's $800 billion bailout boondoggle to our $10.70 trillion national debt.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Anybody wanna buy some Treasury debt? China? India?

It ain't the Illinois Senate seat that's on E-bay...it's the whole country, now.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Bernie Madoff Ponsi scheme pales in comparison to the one ouperated by our government.

The debt is now so large we can't even service it. With the Libs in control Keynesian economic fallacies will reign, and inflation will take over.

You have to remember, putting water in the soup doesn't make it taste any better or become more nutritious.

It just makes watery soup.

Get ready for green toilet paper.

HM

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

What is it they say, a trillion here and a trillion there and pretty soon you're talking about real money. You can't help but watch in disbelief. Not normally one to believe in conspiracies but sometimes I think they are intentionally trying to destroy capitalism to set up their one world government. It is no different than a family in debt taking out new credit cards to pay off old ones.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm not conspiracy-minded by nature...but you sure have to wonder. So much policy being determined, privately and publicly, by those who have no patriotic roots here.

Uh, folks, playing Monopoly is fun...but when you lose, you still have a place to go home and sleep when it's over. I keep wondering when people are going to realize - America is not a board game. When it's hocked up to its eyeballs, we can't just go buy another one.

America's "general overall" interests, and our economic policies, used to be aligned patriotically. Now, the two have been uncoupled and blissfully cast asunder. We'd rather partner with the guy across the pond to make a profit, than piss on our neighbor down the street who is on fire.

Your grandkids have to live _somewhere_, folks,,,or don't you care about that,,,???,,,

6. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

just for fun,can someone tell us what the national debt was at the end of december,2000. thanks dwain

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

According to Wikipedia, 5.67 trillion. 7 years to add 3 trillion and 2 years to add 2 more trillion. And guess what Lord Soetoro has planned for you - can you say 4 more trillion in 4 more years?

8. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

You can blow your horn all you want.

It's called a DEPRESSION.

So better tell mom to get ready to take in washings and ironings from the the rich folks.

Bo

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Lets bring in more illegals to support. We have half the world on the dole now.

10. David Knapp

David Knapp TS Member

This debt is not the fault of just the Democratic party. George Bush lost all pretense of being a conservative when he bailed out Wall St. In other words he signed the Tarp without so much as a whimper. In my mind he is right there with the communist Obama.

David Knapp

11. Urbans

Urbans Member

Maybe we can go out & buy a $475,000.00 set of china, that should help the economy.

12. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

I suspect that JBROOKS estimate for the Obama bailout will be far higher than a mere 800 billion. Anything less that a trillion isn't worth the effort for a liberal democrap.

Funny how we've always survived recessions in the past but this time we must have several trillion dollar bailouts to survive this one. Sadly, the cure will probably do more damage than the disease itself.

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

I tell ya, the Dems have got it down to a science, this time around: take something that's inevitable...present a horse-dose of Bad Policy as the cure to fix it...then, in spite of what you did, sit back and wait for things to improve, anyway...then take credit for it.

And - write a prescription for more.

14. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
    -Trappy

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"Well it is in your joy that I regret that I am going to have to be leaving this site. It is my decision to leave as a member tracked me down, as well as my coach and made a call to him saying that I had made anti-gun statements. I had made one anti-gun statement during my duration, near the very beginning of my stay at this site and it was me saying that "I don't believe that everyone should be able to walk around with an assault weapon." This quote is not direct, I don't have the exact message, I just know it was somewhere along these lines. Well that was a few years ago now, and views have changed. I was rather naive and ignorant to the reasoning behind assault weapons, but now I know. I was also accused of name calling. It is unfortunate as that is exactly what I stay away from, and try to keep my posts and constructive as possible. Though they are typically not looked upon in a good light, I do not make personal attacks, yet that was unfortunately said. I apologize to those I offended, it was definitely not my intent. All in all I have learned a lot, and appreciate those who gave me encouragement, as it is all a part of my learning process in life. I also appreciate those who did not give me encouragement, but made constructive posts none the less. I wish I didn't have to leave, but it is just my decision since I have now become a bit more public, and I do not want the attention. Thanks to all, -Trappy" May 28, 2008

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! –Trappy January 7, 2009

Looks like the joke must be on us.

16. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Alright then, here's something relatively constructive. Right now, we are going to have a deficit, and there's really nothing we can do about it. It's going to take spending a lot of money to get us out of this recession, and spending money does not decrease deficits. Bottom line, we are going to see a lot more government spending, and you will also see that though the Democrats control congress, there won't be many Republicans voting against it. It would be extremely detrimental to view this as a partisan issue, or just pointlessly blaming the Democrats for everything that goes wrong. I'm sure you guys are intelligent enough to realize that.
    -Trappy

17. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

1000000000000,, 1 trillion,,is that right? 12 0's,,,a 1000 billions,,,or 100000 millions,,,

I'm cornfused,,,,,

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Just food for thought,,,,how bad would OUR economy be if we weren't sending $700 billion each year out of our country to others for oil,,,,and the feds don't want to drill here and now,,,,how long would the "recession" last if we didn't have billions head out of our country by the illegals sending money back to Mexico,,,,what will congress do with the budget when tax revenues are MUCH less this and next year???????????????

I hope we can survive the "change" that the election brought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Bailing out our economy and paying for Bush's war................Priceless

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

sg, that was almost as dumb as Trappy.

Give us more.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.