1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A treat for Vietnam Vets

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kolared person, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

Wall Mart has a 4disc documentary on the Vietnam conflict. 23 hours of military stuff for only 5 bucks. Such a deal. Its in the bargain bin in most stores.

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Thanks, but I'm still trying to forget I was involved,,,,

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Why would you want to forget? To deny any part of your life is not good.

As I was a volunteer, I have no one to blame but myself.

Curt

4. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

If it's that piece of crap "Vietnam the 10000 Day War", don't waste the five bucks.

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Most of them want nothing to do with it. They would rather forget that part of their life. The reason they have priced it at $5.00 is because they the vets don't want anything to do with it. To the vets of that war thank you for your service.

6. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

Curt, We as veterans of that war want to wipe it from our memory, however; we never, ever want the American people to forget. It was bad enough coming home to all the B.S. and damn near 60,000 didn't make it back home at all. Sure would have been great to come home a hero like the boys coming home from the middle east are now.

Grizzly Adams 1969-1972

7. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

well said grizley. I lost a lot of good friends over there. I go look at the wall every time I get a chance. I dont want to be remided of the rediculous decisions made in those days. I dont want to be a part of any war if we arent in it to win. My son is in iraq now (secound tour) and comming home in Jan. We used to beleive in america. With present politics I just ain't sure. I dont like to be reminded of the things I saw back then, and the way we were treated when we got back home.

service 1962 - 1966

Bob

8. Hawkeye Kid

Hawkeye Kid TS Member

I am a Vietman Vet & I second OICU812, I have enought nightmears about my time over there.

Hank

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

To all of you 'vets', I say, Thank you......

Hauxfan!

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If it's the one narrated by Richard Basehart, it's essentially a communist propaganda piece. I wouldn't suggest any American, vet or not, watch that POS.
    Dsshaub, might like it.

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Probably made for the "REMP's"

Curt

12. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

I THINK YOU MEAN REMF'S-RICK

13. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Thanks for backing me up guys,,,grnberetcj,,I too volunteered,,the idiots drafted me and then sent me to Germany,,after 2 months I signed a form 1049 (remember that one?) I was gone in 30 days,,,looking back on all of it they can stick my purple heart up their ass,,,,It was all for nothing!!!!!!!!!

14. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

If it was for nothing why are ya bitchin???... I was there, met and have kept close friendships with a few, lost a few there, and more here since then.. I remember it every day, and am a better person for it! Took a coule of years, but I sleep well at night knowing that my butt is covered WELL!..
    LB
    (RMC(SW) RETIRED!)
    Survivor:
    RVN 71-72
    Frequent Wind
    Desert Storm
    UN Forces Somalia 92-93

15. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Good for you ib God Bless ya,,but how about the 58000 that were not so lucky??????? Think about it,,,,,,IT WAS FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!! We accomplished nothing,,,

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What's hard to believe is where did the time go. I got out of the corps 3/65 and that is now 44 years ago. I must be getting close to being an old man. God bless-em all. All vets past-present-future. You know this crap isn't going to stop. Just a different country in a different time, it goes on forever.

Don

17. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

I normally stay away from topics like these concerning VietNam. We, as a nation, have not fought a war for "God & Country" since WWII. From Korea till today, we have fought a politicians war. For those who say those 58,0000 men and women gave their life for "nothing", I beg to differ. Having spent 3 tours in RVN, Thailand and Laos, we who fought there knew we were not fighting for Mom & Applie and certainly not for the people of RVN. We fought and sadly some died not for those ideas but for those 5 or 6 guys around them. We fought for each other, hoping that we could bring everyone home but sadly we did not. So, you can flame me all you want about what they died for me and you have earned the right to say the died for "nothing" but I say they did die for something, that something that allows many vets to walk around today..

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"

Van

18. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

My lottery number was 243 the last year they pulled numbers. So I wasn't in the war, fellas, but I did live through that time period. I witnessed some of it, not like you, but I wonder, if we're kinder and more understanding towards each other today because of the war; isn't that worth something?

I can't describe what I feel on Veteran's Day, or at other times when I'm reminded of your service. I can only say thank you and tell you of my sincerest respect.

Have a good evening. Let's go shooting tomorrow.

19. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I drew a barely safe number and saw no point in being any part of it. You guys who served are giants in my book. How any of you have maintained your sanity after what your country did to you is beyond me.

20. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

My draft number was 005 in 1970, they pulled the numbers on a Sunday night, the next Monday morning I enlisted in the Navy. Five weeks later I found myself in Basic Training, then on to "A" school where I learned my trade (Radio Operator); Then in November I landed in Saigon, 13 months later I flew out and went on to Korea, never even came back to CONUS..three years later, I reenlisted then came back to California...21 years after that, I retired, now I am working a full time job, (with three former Marines, and a former Ranger) have been married 22 years and have two sons..Yeah, I was there, I don't miss the crap I lived through, but I miss the guys that I left behind, I think still about it every day! My younger borther is currently in Iraq, Green Zone, private security..Yeah, I don't complain, but I do sleep full nights..Shooting Trap keeps me sane! (well, sort of!......) Larry B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.