1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Trapshooting question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KooJo, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KooJo

KooJo Member

How flat shooting are the old style "BT99" do you have to cover the target like a field shotgun Winchester Model 12. Or is it more a 60/40. To get a "BT99" to shoot high would you add a pad to the comb. And thanks for any INFO. "Alaskan for Global Warming" snow still on the ground.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Kuz

Are you talking about the old beaver tail forearm type or the next one newer and before the plus models.

I never shot them myself but my brother used to have the Bt's befoe the plus models and wasn't the bever tailed forearm either, he thought they shot sort of high definately not a flat shooter but it might had been the 60/40 range but of course we never pattern the barrels to really see.

foghorn

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

with stacked beads 60/40 has usually been my result also

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Different shooters will mount the same gun differently resulting in a different POI for each shooter.

BT 99's are great guns for singles and handicap.

Pat Ireland

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The BT's w/ the big square forends were known to shoot too high. If I recall correctly the high shooters have an R in the serial #.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

They are simply great for the first shot of doubles. MIA- Why don't we both sign up for the same post on doubles and shoot our single barrels. I will shoot the right bird and you shoot the left one. Almost like protection doubles.

Pat Ireland

7. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

It is good to see real trapshooting questions discussed here since a number of people prefer political oriented crap than real trap shooting issues with what would appear to be the single purpose in their bitter minds: Upsetting someone and getting into a heated battle thus taking over the thread.

Thank you, thank you Kuz.

Now to your question, a friend of mine shoots an old style 32" long tang BT 99 and it shoots real flat, it has the flat rib and you pretty much have to cover the bird in order to break it efficiently.

Berettaman7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

common trapshooting questions