1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"A" Team Does It Again - Pen-Mar Shoot #11

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

This Pen-Mar weather and the "A" team from Quarryville is adding up to heart-burn for me(and my Oxford team). I was happy the sun was out but that wind and the chill that went with it was tough. Between your eyes watering up and the snot freezing on the end of your nose and then you get a crazy flier out of the trap. I am ready for summer. I hear it's going to be close to 50 on Thursday but it's supposed to rain on Saturday's Pen-Mar. Sounds about right.

Charles Leight took top gun honors today for Cedar with a 47. He will be heading to the 24 with his earned yardage. Ray Natale (Oxford's trap captain) took runner-up with a 46 and his yardage will be 21 1/2. These shooters did not play the options which left the door open for Mike Matroni Jr to clean-up with a 45. Mike shoots on the "A" team and was in the last squad out. Up until then my 44 was top for the money. This is where my heart-burn starts, dang "A" team!!! Not to mention the fact that Oxford was leading Quarryville by 11 targets when they took the line. I'm getting a little ahead of myself and need to back up just a bit. When Oxford run out of shooters we had a 5 target lead on Cedar and a 19 target lead on Quarryville. There were 4 squads left, 2 for Cedar and 2 for Quarryville. Bob Bowers came in with a 42 which dropped a 37 for Cedar and tied them with us. I knew we were in trouble because the Wallace Duo was in the next squad for Cedar. Jr crashed and burned after shooting a 24 in the singles but Sr stepped up and broke a 43 which put Cedar in the lead. Now Cedar is out of shooters. Jim Norton was in the next to last squad for Quarryville and broke a 45(did not play the options) which ate into our lead for 2nd and left us up by 11 with the "A" team to go. Not only did the "A" team make up the 11 targets, they shot themselves into the lead passing Cedar by 2 targets. And to rub salt into the wound, there went my hi-gun money to Mike Jr and Mike Sullenberger tied my 44 and took half the the 2nd lewis money!!! Battleing these short yardage shooters is wearing me out(that should stir things up a bit!!).

Lewis Payout: 45(1)64.50___44(2)21.50___38(3)21.50___37(4)10.75

Hi-gun: 45(1)58.00___Hi-Hcp 23(Tom Parker)56.00

55/50 winner was Vicky Hoadley(36.00)

After the "A" team was finished it was Quarryville 424(26 shooters), Cedar 422 (34 shooters), Oxford 418 (17 shooters).

Club Standings: Quarryville 25 1/2 pts, Oxford 22pts, Cedar 18 1/2 pts.

With only 4 shoots left it appears that Quarryville just about has things wrapped up. All that remains is the race between Oxford and Cedar for 2nd place.

Shooter standings top 5 after 10 shoots:

16's R. Lewis 241, W. Ruhl 235, B. Harrison 234, J. Roland 231, M. Sullenberger 230

Hcp T. Lefever 226, T. Wallace 225, R. Lewis 219, Jr Matroni 219, Sr Matroni 218

HOA R. Lewis 460, T. Wallace 455, W. Ruhl 447, Sr Matroni 446, T. Parker 446

Things are starting to tighten up in the shooter standings. I am really hoping to keep up the pace and defend my title (Mr. Wallace Sr is starting to worry me a bit).

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I do believe they are looking to make a few changes next year. Your hcp would still be 2yrd off of where you finished or 2yrds off of your ata yardage which ever is greatest. The change would be 2yards given for 1st place, 1yard for 2nd, and 1/2 yard for 3rd. Also, an automatic 1/2 yard for hi-hcp score. Should move more people back faster.

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The next Pen-Mar shoot will be on Saturday Jan 16th at Quarryville. The weather forecast looks good right now but I don't believe it!!!

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Linda S. just emailed me with some math corrections. Quarryville still finished 1st but Cedar and Oxford tied for 2nd.

Corrected totals: Quarryville 422, Oxford 419, Cedar 419

Club Standings: Quarryville 25.5pts, Oxford 22.5pts, Cedar 18pts

Seems that some make-ups caused some confusion and a score was tallied wrong. Any questions, see Linda S. at the next shoot(we can't blame it on Fred B, he was in Vegas).

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The 2yrd, 1yrd, and 1/2yrd punches are based on total score. 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Then there would be an automatic 1/2yrd punch for hi-hcp score for the day. You would still have to shoot top scores to make it to the 27.

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Quarryville and the "A" team continue their winning ways. Quarryville 1st, Cedar 2nd, Oxford 3rd. Mother nature was nice to us today but it did not improve Oxford's shooting (except for DBJ's 48). I think it's all over but for the wailing and nashing of teeth. I just hope we hold on for 2nd over Cedar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.