1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A strange coincidence: True story

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was in the hospital yesterday waiting for my wife to come out of surgery and for some reason I started thinking about the different place we had lived, and St, Louis came to mind.

In 1983 I left a job without having another lined up,I did not leave on favorable terms. I was fortunate because 3 of my customers called me at home and wanted me to come to work with them (Commercial window sales). I chose St, Louis.

Well to try to shorten this a little wife and I were a little homesick, we missed playing pinocchle on Fri. nights with my sister and her husband. After about four months in the area my sister and her family show up at our door. Pleasant suprise. The next day I took off work and took sis and her family to Anheiser Busch and them to the Gateway Arch. By the way for those of you that have never been to St. L. in the bottom of the Arch is a very nice museum dedicated to the pioneers (if I recall right).

Well I went up to the window to buy tickets for the family, to go up to the top of the Arch. While there I see this wallet staring at me saying pick me up, i did. We'll come back to this later.

On the ride home I was telling everyone about the wallet that I had found and while telling the story my niece blurts out that she had found one also. I thought she was jerking me around so as I continued with the story I give the name of the owner. "Bill Smith is the guy who lost it". Immediately niece blurts out "mine belongs to Mary Smith" she says. Well by now i'm getting a little pissed this little girl is mocking me I think.

As I go on I say "Mr. Smith lives in anytown Kansas" and the niece says "so does Mary". Now i'm getting hot and keeping it held in. I name the Street and of course you guessed it so does niece, the same one. Now we are almost home and as we pull into the driveway i'm wondering about the little smart bitch in the back seat.

We go into the house and I figure the moment of truth has arrived so I pull out the wallet and show my sister and her husband and the little bitch sticks her head in to see and says "uh-huh". I look at her with glaring eyes and she proceeds to produce Mrs. Smiths' wallet. I nearly fell on the floor. We compared contents dr. lic. etc. and sure enough my niece had found the wifes' wallet and I had found the husbands' wallet.

We did find out that he was unemployed because his weekly sign in card was in his wallet. Along with that there were pictures of what I assumed were their kids, and a total of $3. The mrs. had $2.

Before you ask why I (we) didn't turn them in to lost and found I just don't do that if there is a name. We put both wallets in a box added $20 to each wallet and sent them to the address on their D.L. That's it. I thought it was quite a coincidence. The real names have been left out, not to protect the innocent, but because i forgot them. Bulge.

2. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Hey Mike,
    I dont care what anybody says,your a decent guy !!!!!!!!!!!!!.LOL.

Sandy Holehouse.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Good story Bulge,

It nice when you can give back alittle to someone else.

4. bobcatv

bobcatv TS Member

I had a strange coincidence two days ago. I went to a hardware store to buy paint. I purchased two cans of paint and a part for my pond. The total was $48.72. After the hardware store, we went out for dinner. When the bill came, I added a tip to the bill and the total amount at the end was $48.72.

I noticed the same amounts later and thought it was a strange coincidence.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Play that daily 4 digit number. Bulge.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Bulge why don't you put an extra $20 in the for the Toys for Tots that you bashed on another thread.

Don

7. porky

porky TS Member

Bigdon, you are unbelievable.

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Bulge, nice story. Hit the enter key twice for paragraph separating. Makes it easier to read. Thanks .

Wayne

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Wayne, thanks for that tip. I was wondering why they didn't seperate. Bulge.

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Great story, Barrelbulge.

Pat yourself on the back for being an honest guy.

I hope it's okay to tell, as I have a similar story.

To keep it short.

Fishing on the Lake of the Ozarks and found a wallet. Couldn't check how much money was in it as the bills had been wet and were sticking together.

The driver's license was still in it, so I sent it to them and suggested they take it to a bank to see if they could exchange those bills or help getting them extracted.

About 3 months later, I came home from work and there was a nice big beef salami or beef stick, on my doorstep. The man I had sent that too was so grateful that he sent me the meat and an open invitation to stay at their house anytime I was in St.Louis.

Said he was unemployed at the time and was really grateful to get the money back and had been fishing with relatives at the time he lost his wallet.

I was just happy to get it back to him.

He felt good and I did too!

Hauxfan!

11. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I was stationed at Malmstrom AFT in GF Montana in 1976. I was shipping out to Tatalina AFS in AK and was packing my stuff. My wallet turned up missing. ID card, SSAN card, everythng. A year latter I was sent back to Malmstrom. I was stll there two years later when I get called into the Security Police office. They were tearing down the old SP barracks that had been next to mine and in the wall behind the washing machines they had found my wallet. No money of course, but the ID and SSAN card were still there. They figure an SP took it from me while I was in the shower and dumped in his baracks next door.

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Haux, sometimes I feel selfish doing a good deed since it also makes me feel good that I did something for someone. Who gets the greatest benefit them, or us that do the good deed? Bulge.

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Bulge, I'm with you. I think it is a two way street.

Hauxfan!

14. wannaz

wannaz Member

I once found a wallet right under a local Hardees drive up window. It contained $34x.xx dollars. I looked thru the wallet to find an owner's name. I finally found a library card with a name, looked the number up in the phone book, and called. The woman who answered the phone told me the guy no longer lived there, and didn't know how I could get in touch with him.

So after having this wallet for about 6 or 7 hours, I decided to call the police station to see if anyone reported it missing. Lo and behold, it was a cop's wallet. I turned it in with the cash still in it, never heard a word from the guy. I would't have expected, or taken anything for turning it in, but you'd think the guy would at least make sure a thank you was given. Then again, maybe the woman I gave it to at the police station, helped her self the the cash?

15. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I once found a wallet. I was heading home from LAX to Santa Clarita. I saw what I thought was a wallet on the median along Bouquet Canyon Rd. I blew it off thinking it couldn't possibly be. But then I had second thoughts so I turned around and dang...it WAS a wallet. It had ID, $125 bucks and a bunch of credit cards etc. The address was just a few blocks away so I drove over. The guy was standing outside washing his truck. He looked to be about 21. I asked if he had lost his wallet. He said he didn't know but he would check. He went in the house, was gone for a few moments and then came out all excited and said yes. I asked him his name, it matched the name in the wallet. I asked him how much money he had in it, he said $125 so, I said, "Here's your wallet." "I found it out on Bouquet". He figured he had left it on the roof of the truck and when he turned right onto the road it slipped off. He thanked me and I drove away leaving him with a really perplexed look on his face. It was priceless.

16. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Nice story Bulge,

In 1986 my dad took me to the Spring Grand in Phoenix. The first day we're there we get to the club and the old man doesn't have his wallet. He says he's sure he had it when we left the hotel room.

We drive back to the hotel and there's his wallet laying right in the middle of the parking lot. It had our whole wad in it for the week plus his license, credit cards, etc. Someone was watching over us that day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.