1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A story of two armed men coming through my door

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had a house I was renting near Chicago many years ago- from an agent- waiting for my house to close.

Little did I know that the previous owner was a police officer and had an alarm that sounded in the police station.

I arrived home and the door was broken open- I grabbed a 44 magnum and began searching the house-

Cleared the first floor, and cleared the second floor and went down to the basement, no one there.

I came back up the basement steps and could hear something happening in the living room- turned and looked as an armed man was entering through the front door, pistol out- brown clothing, and behind him was another man in darker clothing.

I started to neutralize the first threat, and began to pull the trigger when I realized his gun was low, and yelled for him to drop it while looking at the second guy behind him.

The first guy stopped and evidently wet his pants- the second guy began to raise his gun.

I nearly again began to neutralize the first threat but instantly I realized this was a policeman in a brown uniform, without his hat (which he left in the car and despite regulation didn’t wear it or announce himself)

We all managed to survive that situation.

The second guy was a plain clothes office. Life could have changed that day dramatically for everyone.

My gun was less than 3 feet square in front of the first officer’s face with my finger tightening on the trigger twice.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Guess you should have waited outside, maintaining surveillance until they arrived, huh.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

End of thread. Thanks for watching.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Fiction writting 101

5. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

What Perazzi said.

Well for that fact what all above said.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I would have done every thing differently. 1) at any sign of a break in- I would remain outside, call for the authorities, but have my firearm ready to remove any threat. Walking into a house or searching for a possible intruder is in my opinion just an invitation to get wacked due to being ambushed.

Phil Berkowitz

7. g7777777

Bruce Specht- you are an idiot- fiction huh?

Your reality is probably TV shows.

I had been in the military about 7 years when this happened, the first several of which were in airborne infantry units.

I really didnt know the house had been broken into until I was about 3 feet inside of it- something just seemed odd.

The police came from outside the house, when I was inside- they just essentialy ran in the front door.

From the clarity of distance the posters have pointed out what does seem clear to me years later- I could have waited outside-

To clarify though- my gun was actually in a holster screwed under a desk in the livingroom. I didnt have one in the car. This was 20 years before cell phones. It also wasnt apparent that the door had actually been broken in until I was already inside the house.

Gene

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

OK Gene.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=bronson_177762t.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yeah, Gene.

[​IMG]

10. g7777777

LOL

I think I was much better looking than either of the two guys above- in my younger days of course

Gene

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Sid Mandel was a skeet shooter in Chicago in the 70's. He shot at the Lincoln Park Traps and everybody knew him. He owned some commercial rental property. One tenant got behind in his rent and Sid started eviction proceeding. The guy got mad and came to Sid's office and threatened him. Sid took out a 38 revolver he kept in the desk. The guy took the gun away from Sid and shot him with it 5 or 6 times. None of the shots were fatal. Six months later he was back shooting Skeet at Lincoln Park. (He was not related to Carola Mandel, who was one of the best skeet shooters in the world and shot at Lincoln Park in the 50's)

12. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

nice picture of Bronson... My grandfather was his boss on the railroad yard when he was Charles Buchensky from Ehernfeld PA glad... In his movies he wasn't acting he truly had a chip on his shoulder.. Glad he mad it big...

13. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

I through my pet snake at them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.