1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A squandered opportunity

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

A squandered opportunity.

As I watched the state of the Union speech last night- I realized even more than I have in the last couple of months that we are in trouble.

We have a congress divided, as are the people of the nation. The President, who entered office after having preached the message of hope and great change, has failed in his very aggressive goals of the first year but more importantly has gotten drug down to the lowest levels of dirty, twist the other sides arms, type of politics. He has bargained away basic individual rights, when he agreed to treat groups of people such as labor unions in a manner more favorable than that of other people. He has failed to deny radical members of his own party, or those religious fanatics of his past. He has no idea of how to reach consensus on an issue and even less of an idea of how to appeal to either the elected officials or to the electorate for this. He has broken with the people’s vision of him as a candidate now that he is the President.

The people of this nation are in denial, things are bad for 10 percent of them but the other 90 percent of us still lead lives fairly similar to what we have always led. Our education and motivation to be educated as judged on the world competitive scale is below that of many nations that we think of as third world.

All of this has led to a perfect storm of sorts, where the walls have begun tumbling down because of our failure to have strength in what is now a world economy and marketplace. A failure to be competitive in the foundation factors such as motivation, schooling, industrial tooling, and vision.

This Presidency is already broken and our nation is starting to reel, not having the foundation to stand up and fight on, much as a fighter who hasn’t been properly conditioned begins to give ground and begins to sway as his legs weaken. We are beginning to retreat, hoping as our foundation weakens that the only way ahead is to move forward.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Watching him was too much to bear, I turned it off. He is a pitiful excuse for a human being. He knows full well what the people want and yet he continues on his agenda to push healthcare while we fall to financial ruins. He is even worse that I originally thought. He just does not get it and the two idiots that sat behind him were even more pitiful.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

What doggai said. Our politicians are a reflection of the collective American sloth.

It appears however, the giant is awakening from it's drunken slumber and it has a bad hangover, and it is not happy.

Perhaps Obama and company is a gift in disguise. Never in my lifetime have I seen Americans paying attention to what their government is doing as they are today. Maybe Obama was just what we needed to get Americans to stop mindlessly listening to the sewage from the left, and politicians in general.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Youse guys is all too smart. You ain't supposed to know what the Progressive Liberal Puke faction is up to.

HM

5. motrap

motrap Member

I agree with above, ..... but the absolute scariest thing is the way he scolded / rebuked the Supreme Court in front of the Nation ....... what part of "Supreme" does this character not understand ..........

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

He gave himself a B plus on Oprah - who agreed

Really what ego- a B plus? What about a D minus?

I had hopes even though I am basically a republican that his tone and words meant addressing some issues that did need to be addressed. I voted for McCain but did think Obama offered some light- that has changed

He brought unions into the White House in an attempt to win the election in Mass. He then offered them tax breaks other americans dont get and would pay for.

He gave the senator from Nebraska free medicaid that no other state enjoys.

He reubked the Supreme Court in his state of the Union speech even more than he rebuked the Republicans sitting in the audience-- Rebuking the Supreme Court when they cant respond--

The guy has lost all perspective and at this point I am not even sure of his mental capability to do the job in an emergency

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

It is getting a little old hearing how it is not Obama's fault and not the fault of the Democrats. The mantra seems to be that Obama inherited it, it was the Republicans, it was George Bush, etc. Well, to set the record straight, what Obama inherited was the mess created by the Democrats who had been in power in Congress for two years by that time and had been pushing Freddie and Fannie to make loans to people who did not have the income to pay them back for several years before that. This was the brain child of Barney Frank in the House and Chris Dodd in the Senate both of whom are denying any culpability and claiming to want to try to fix the problem. The relaxed loan policy created the sub prime mortgage mess and the resulting downturn in the economy. Now Obama and the Democrats trying to deflect blame from themselves have repeated the mantra so many times that it has been accepted by the news media and Obama defenders. You may have noticed there have been no investigation of the mortgage problem by the Democratically controlled Congress because they know it will lead right back to Frank, Dodd and the Democrats. Obama and the Democrats need to step up and take responsibility for the poor economy and excessive spending. It is at their doorstep but they step over it each morning as they go to disseminate their propaganda.

8. The Cedar Dell

The Cedar Dell TS Member

He wants aspending freeze on everything but education. He needs an increase in spending there to insure our young people will never question any of his social programs and will look to the government for all their needs. The federal department of education needs to be shut down and our schools given back to local communities. hunter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.