1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

&& A Special Project &&

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

It is not often that we get a special project but I wanted to post several photos of an item that we have just completed. Several years ago I met Eric Weikum from a friend Mitchel Loveless Jr. When I met Eric he seemed full of life and if you were to just see his face you would never have known that he had a problem. We made a new stock for Eric's Benelli and completed the job just a couple of weeks before he passeed away. I never had the opportunity to get to know Eric very well but from what I knew of him he was a great individual. Now enter Tal Seger. Tal got his new Infinity from us last year and we are making a change on his gun to the new Ultra Rib set-up. With the new rib cames a new comb to take up the gap in the stock. As we were making the new comb Tal called Bryan our Cad engineer for a request. The request was to copy a logo that represents Eric's foundatiion. The photo below is the result of that request. I am very pround of our people and what we are able to do with the software and the knowledge that we possess, I am truly blessed to have a great staff that works on every project as if it was their own.

Thank you for looking,

Dennis DeVault

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=eric1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=Infinityultratal1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A tip O the hat to all of you guys Dennis! Fabulous job and a great looking piece of art work! Hap

3. Robb

Robb Member

That's nice Dennis, very nice.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Dennis,

You Guys, and Gals, ROCK!

ec90t

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Dennis,

As always a great job, and a true touch of class!

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

6. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

<i>To the Top</i>

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

That trap gun needs a tour: To a shoot each weekend, and during the week to various museums of modern art. Dennis, please continue posting information and pictures of your projects. We have lost Boyd Coddington of the world of cars, we have lost John Buttera of the world of cars, but we are fortunate to have Dennis in the world of shotguns.

8. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

I was in the Chicago for the weekend and I met up with Tal Seger so he could have his gun back. I was also visiting with Cory Kreith from Windy City Shooting Supplies. Cindy and I picked up our new shirts and hats for the new season. Remember if you need Christmas presents for that hard to buy person Windy City has of new clothing line along with other gun companies. I want to thank everyone for entertaning us this past weekend.

Dennis DeVault

9. ondreaweikum

ondreaweikum TS Member

Hello MIA
    I am Eric's sister - I can answer pretty much and question that you may have. What information can I provide for you in regards to the Eric Weikum Foundation? Frankie Bentley and I do not have a website for the foundation, however we should. When you google Eric Weikum - you get a lot of 'hits' for his ACUI accomplishments from Purdue - we were national champtions for the years that we shot together at Purdue. Other than that there is not much information on the web about his foundation.
    I want to take a second to thank Dennis DeVault for what he did for Tal. It brings tears to my eyes to know that people have not forgot my brother and that other friends of ours miss him as much as I do on a daily basis.
    Thank you so very much for keeping his memory alive!
    Ondrea Weikum a.k.a Eric's sister

10. ondreaweikum

ondreaweikum TS Member

Hello MIA
    I am Eric's sister - I can answer pretty much and question that you may have. What information can I provide for you in regards to the Eric Weikum Foundation? Frankie Bentley and I do not have a website for the foundation, however we should. When you google Eric Weikum - you get a lot of 'hits' for his ACUI accomplishments from Purdue - we were national champtions for the years that we shot together at Purdue. Other than that there is not much information on the web about his foundation.
    I want to take a second to thank Dennis DeVault for what he did for Tal. It brings tears to my eyes to know that people have not forgot my brother and that other friends of ours miss him as much as I do on a daily basis.
    Thank you so very much for keeping his memory alive!
    Ondrea Weikum a.k.a Eric's sister

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.