1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A 'SIGHT' Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Guy, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

I was wondering, is the original red sight, on the end of a 1970's citori barrel, glued on from the factory, or is it screwed on to the rib.

The sight is old and faded, and I wanted to replace it.

Thanks, B.G.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

It is screwed into the rib. If you want another red sight, a small can or red enamel paint will do well. Fingernail polish will usually last only a year or so. The original red surface is painted on the sight.

Pat Ireland

3. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Thanks, does that mean that I can just twist it and it will come off, no screws from the bottom?

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

If you turn it counter clockwise, it should unscrew. If it does not, you will probably break it off. Then you need to find a small drill bit and a tap. It can be painted in place.

Pat Ireland

5. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Thanks Pat!!!

6. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Model airplane paint works great too and it's very small bottle that's inexpensive. 12oz cans of spray paint is much more expensive. The small bottled paint doesn't dry out like a spray can does.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Wall Mart or any Automotive store will have a great selection of many colors of good paint in very small bottles, They are used to touch up scratches on cars. I also know one shooter who carries a small bottle of red fingernail polish in his shooting bag. I have never asked why but I can think of a couple of possibilities.

Pat Ireland

8. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.