1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A sermon that every American needs to listen to.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Shooting Jack, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I just finished watching this and learned some new facts and reasons not to vote for Obama. Those on here that are planning to vote for Obama should watch this first. It is a little long but well worth watching.

2. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

Shooting Jack...

I haven't watched the video, and for all I know the Pastor may have everything 100% correct about Obama in this piece. So, my point here is not to challenge what the Pastor's said, or the value you see in it. (Please everyone...note that last sentence!) But since I don't like Romney and may vote for Obama, and you'd like me to watch this video and consider changing my mind I have to ask:

Might there not be a better way to get information about Obama than from someone who is seriously opposed to him? Wouldn't a more neutral source be better?

I certainly would never seek info on Romney from the Obama campaign, or from Planned Parenthood. Both sources are certainly biased in favor of the President.

Again, please note I am not challenging anyone's viewpoint here, only asking about what people think when they go to get political information. The impression that I have on this site is that many posters in this section of TS.com ever search outside their own ideology when it comes to politics.

Mark T.

3. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

So he didn't bother to watch the video but he knows all about it. Not only is he a professor but he's clairvoyant too!! Is there any limit to his talents?

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"Might there not be a better way to get information about Obama"

Its called "Common Sense" man!!

use your brain for something other then holding your ears apart!

If you can't read, I suggest you invest in some Audio tapes!

IT is not Rocket science!!

BUT then if you can't add 2 plus 2, your a lost cause!

5. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

John Galt.... It's not necessary for me to know what's specifically in the video given the nature of my question, only that I have a general idea of the Pastor's like or dislike of Obama. It doesn't take a clairvoyant to do that...just someone who's paid attention to the news and who can do a few simple Google searches.

The Pastor doesn't like Obama, and it's pretty fair to say he 'really' doesn't like Obama. Ergo... he is a biased source. If you told me there was a new video out from an anti-gun group, then I wouldn't have to know what was in the video there either to know that is is a biased source...would I? Get it?!?!? Again, for the record, it REALLY DOESN'T MATTER WHAT WAS in the video given the nature of my question.

One of my talents is thinking, Mr. Galt. I generally do it well. Your silly attack on me doesn't prove anything wrong about my question.

Timberfaller.... 2+2= 4. I guess you're wrong and I'm not a lost cause.

Mark T.

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Don't worry all of Galt's attacks are short, pointless, and usually come up with some sort of donation to someone.......

GS

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Why Midster, you spelled all the words correctly. You might, however, want to review punctuation and sentence construction.

8. Westie

Westie Member

Mr. Generally Well Thinking Mr. Galt, I am now taking your wise council and am in fervent search of someone who has absolutely no opinions or positions from which I will be getting my political information. I will get back to you ASAP. Thanks for the tip.

9. Westie

Westie Member

Sorry Mr. Galt. So excited over my new mission I responded to you instead of Mr. Generally Well Thinking Mark T.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Talk to the father of Tyrone Woods............... better yet watch this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XL1h-xNGllE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If that doesn't change your mind nothing will.

HM

11. Westie

Westie Member

If Mark T. is a professor, that explains a great deal. Many are like consultants. They know a thousand ways to make love but have never had a girlfriend.

12. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Are there any professors who are not Bolsheviks at heart? They were indoctrinated at an early age. My sister-in-law graduated from college in the late 70s. She still hates the military (but feels sorry for the soldiers) doesn't believe anyone should be allowed to own a gun, and generally dislikes anyone in the upper levels of the business world.

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

..... but but but he thinks he can think! Doesn't that count for something? In any case, he sure can use a lot of words to say nothing. Perhaps he's confused verbosity with thinking.

Mindless, too bad you and timmney have already made your contributions to Romney- he thanks you.

14. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I've only met ONE Prof. that was worth his salt.

After I got to know him, it turned out he had a "side" job!

A Sniper for a County Swat Team!!

Had some very "intelligent" debates(conversations) with him.

The state was paying him $1500 per hour the last time I seen him, just to get his signature!! so to keep a road project out of court. He was on the "job" for 2 hours.

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Mark, not once does this minister call Obama names and matter of fact He expressed some concerns with Romney. All he did was tell the truth about known facts some of which I had never heard but have since been able to verify. Personally, just knowing how Obama allowed our Ambassador to be killed and then lied about it I could never again support him. This was not brought up in his sermon and no I did not vote for Obama. Jackie B.

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Why is it that all liberals look the same?

johngalt_2011_120672.jpg

17. Mapper

Mapper Member

It seems to me that mtimney's argument for his vote is specious. Yes, Pastor Jerimiah is likely biased, but the wealth of information available now lends credence to the pro Romney camp. The issue on constitutionality alone is compelling. Our fiscal position is another and then there is Benghazi, not to mention Fast and Furious.
    I have elected to omit a number of other issues.

18. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I watched the entire video. I not only have graduated from an evangelical Bible college but I also hold a graduate degree in both American Studies and US History and Government. If you are a Christian then you know this paster is right on the button with what he says. Nothing wild, nothing hateful, nothing but simple Biblical truth.

R J Talley

19. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Biblical truth? (isn't that on oxymoron) You just saved me some time -

20. johnboy

johnboy Member

I still believe George W. and his republican buddies set the table for someone like Obama-still blaming Bush. Is the preacher suggesting a theocracy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content