1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A round from the new head cam

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dougbbbb, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hit the link above..

Here's a quick video I put together. I bought the cam for Deer Hunting and figured I'd give it a try for a few rounds of trap. Started out in 1080hd video wide angle. It's hard to see the bird but you do get a feel of how you're swinging the gun. I edited it down to just my shots for now. Going to try and maybe zoom in more or a different mount on my body.. Play it full screen. Hope you like it. Also it was slowed down by 50%

Doug

2. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Looks like you're canting your gun to the left. . . . . and your call for the bird sounds like a cross between a love sick cow and drunk hailing a cab. 8 >)Just couldn't resist. One of my friends got a set of these video glasses for Christmas that he plans to use for his deer hunting adventures. I'm wondering how they will stand up to the repeated recoil of a shotgun ?

thanks for posting

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Is this the Contour cam? I was thinking about picking one of those up.

4. Dougbbbb

It's the go pro hero 2. Also has a 11 mp camera too.. It's slowed down 50% thats why the slur on the call..

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Very nice. Very good picture quality.

Wayne

6. quartering

quartering Active Member

how is the camera mounted to your head? on a tripod? it looks like you're about a foot above the gun! try mounting the camera on the bridge of your nose and see what we get! anyway, cool video! post some more!

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Pretty traprange, where is it?

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Nice job Doug , sorry I wasn`t there . The range is Mallard Trap Club , Monroe Twsp in Middlesex County .

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

sorry --- it`s in New Jersey .

10. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

This is cool. Might actually be a good training tool - reviewing "the tapes" just like the pro athletes.

Larry

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Was the camera mounted on your glasses or maybe hat?

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I think it would be a great training tool. I'm glad you explained about the speed because I was beginning to think you was using a grunt deer caller to call for the bird. LOL

13. Dougbbbb

There are two videos. One shot at Mallard the other is Howell, both in NJ just 15 minutes apart. The camera was on my head that is why it looks so far above the gun. Next time I'll try the zoom lens with less of a wide angle. Then possibly a different mount position. It did pick up the movement of the barrel before I called for the bird on two occasions the one lost bird on the fourth round you can see I picked up my head. Once I splice all 4 rounds together I'll post it up. The best viewing is in super slo-motion but play back takes a long time. Also going to try to cut the vibration down to zero.

Doug

14. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

Nice video. My question: Have they ever made a gadget or gismo that us stupid trapshooters won't buy? LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.