1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A rose for a gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by John 53, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John 53

John 53 Member

I did see it also on the local news, but have not heard anything on how "succesful" it went. I will post back once there is some announcement of how many "assault weapons" were removed from the streets.

Of course, here is another headline for the local news:

Columbia police cracking down on jaywalking

Ridiculous or not, its true. Columbia police are cracking down on folks who veer outside the lines, something Virginia Houston says she tries not to do.

"I think police have better things to do than ticket people for jaywalking. Is that really a problem here?" Houston said.

According to police, it is. It's about safety. No matter how trivial it may seem.

John

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I just love the small municipality police agency mentality.....

Small towns are great except for the arses that get elected to the town gov't.

Curt

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Reports have it that several K and P guns were turned in. Something about the husbands forgetting to get flowers for the wife on Valentines day.

4. John 53

John 53 Member

The day has passed, and the results are in. Sumter is more or less a small town, but Columbia is a good sized one. To run the swap in the two towns at the same time just about broke the bank. There were a total of 75 (Yep, seventy five in two towns!) I imagine a lot of that was "Saturday Night Specials" folks wanted to get out of the way to begin with.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.