1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Richard Petty Moment

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Richard the "King Of Nascar" Petty's wife Linda had another stroke while they were in Vegas for the last race. She was taken to Sunrise Medical to their stroke Unit. Yesterday while preparing her for the trip back to the Carolinas in their private aircraft, Richard asked to speak to the head person at the hospital because the family wanted to thank them for a job well done. My son happens to be the Chief Operating Officer so it was his job to go see Richard and the family. ( My son knows I am an avid petty fan and have been since my son ( now 48) was a child. He said he wanted to call me but due to privacy issues could not. Too make a long story short, Richard spent 30 minutes thanking him and his staff and during the conversation my son told him I was one of his biggest fans. He said Richard gave him something to send me but I have no idea what it is. I am pretty stoked no matter what it is

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Not only is Richard Petty the king of racing he is one of the ones who could do it while racing a clean race. A good ambassador to the racing community on and off the track.

Hope your surprise is a neat one.

Bill

3. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Let us know what he sent you.

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

This is exciting!!!

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Dude that is cool as HELL let us know what the KING sends you.

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

We are all waiting to hear wht you receive!

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I thought he gave whatever it is to my son but he did not. He did tell him he would send me something when he got back home and my son gave him my address so who knows.

8. hoot619

hoot619 Member

With his wife just having a stroke it may take a while. I hope she

is doing good. Ken U.

9. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

A Quick question, what year did the King run a Dragster Rather then a stock car?

I seem to remember a death of a young child in the stands but cannot remember if that is what sent him back to stock cars or if that sent him away from them. Anyone remember?

Jeff

10. JayZap

JayZap Active Member

Jeez, I hope it's not the Hospital bill!

11. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Petty boycotted NASCAR in 1965 because they outlawed the Hemi engine. That was the year he was involved in drag racing.

Per my sister who is a big fan.

12. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I met Richard at a Truck Tire show, never was "what you see is what you get" truer. I saw Richard on a TV show in Indy during the first Brickyard, the annoucer, Tom Carnigie ask Richard, "You have a #43 over in the Indy Museum, have you given any thought about getting it out and running here?" The reply " hell I wasn't any good when I retired and I ain't got any better since" A great humble man.

13. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Have met the King several times. This one was in Daytona. No wise cracks about the shirt my wife has on!

Scott

cykick_2008_030331.jpg

14. JayFredMuggs

JayFredMuggs TS Member

Richard Petty was involved in Drag Racing for many years. I remember watching Roy Hill (driving a Richard Petty owned car) beat the pants off of Bill Jenkin's "Grumpy's Toy" in 1976 at Cecil County Dragway in MD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.