1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A request from a TSdotCOMer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kgp912kgp, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

I am posting this for "Traders" who would like to know the below question. I would request that all that feel the need to to please provide your most heartfelt response to the below quote.

And Traders entered...

"Does that mean that you do not believe that an owner of private property should not have the right to refuse entrance to to CCW holder?"

What do you boys and girls feel??

Here was my response...

"I would probably turn around and leave if I was not permitted to enter.A property owner does have the right to refuse entry if they like that is their choice. I would expect the same from those of you that carry and were asked or told not to come if you are carrying. Just my beliefs."

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If CCWs are unwelcome, I assume so is their money!

There are other places that would love to welcome you!

3. alf174

alf174 Member

Most of my customers (industrial) don't allow firearms on the premises. What would you guys do if your employer prohibits, not go to work?

4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

alf, move to Texas. Ya can have firearm in your vehicle.

GneJ

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Sounds like a homeowner. I don't KNOW anyone whose home I visit who would ask me that.

I would not carry into their home with their request not to. I would not walk into their home. Period.

As far as businesses, if I MUST go to a shopping mall or UPS where legal carry is not legal, I obey the law. I don't remember the last time I went to a shopping mall.

I go to UPS to pick up a package if I must, but I only use Fed Ex to send packages. Post Office? Again, if I must go inside, I do not carry on the property.

I do vote with my pocketbook when possible. Nothing personal, as a firearms dealer/trainer, such folks likely do not do business with me. I don't do business with them (if I can avoid it) even if I have to go out of my way.

6. alf174

alf174 Member

How do I move my customers to Texas? Think that will change their policy?

7. Cwcroft58

Cwcroft58 Member

I inquired why Disney didn't have trap and skeet fields ,like they have golf courses and was told "THE MOUSE DOESNT LIKE GUNS" and tat was about 8 to 10 years ago.. So I don't think you would get in the park with a CCP unless maybe law enforcement ,on business.. I could be wrong.

8. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Ahab,

You may have forgotten about a court case in Florida where an employer banned employees from bringing guns on their property and that included leaving them in their locked cars in the company parking lot. If I remember correctly, the company lost. They did not have the right to prevent legal gun owners from keeping those guns on the company's property.

The NRA came out in favor of the gun owners and against the rights of the private property owners.

So, using your line of reasoning, assuming the courts had backed the property owners, would you have been willing to change jobs to protect you right to bring your gun on private property?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.