1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Remington hull question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GK Chesteron, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GK Chesteron

GK Chesteron TS Member

Are the 12 gauge Remington lead Game loads made with the same hulls as Gun Club? Will the same loading data work for both shells & do the Game hulls hold up as well as Gun Clubs?
    I ask because the lead Game Loads are available locally (Walmart) while Gun Clubs aren't and the price per box is the same, but adding shipping would make the Gun Clubs more costly.
    Thanks!

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

If someone would like to buy some gun club hulls I have some that I will sell for $15.00 per 1000 plus actual shipping. Send me a PM on this site for more info

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

Even the black Game Loads use the same hull. Only the color is different as long as you get the 8-point crimped hulls.

The black hulls load up to make a very nice looking shell.

5. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Member

Yup, same load data. Some of the Rem Game Loads are 6 pt. crimps and some are 8 points. Which, is not a problem...as long as you sort them out prior to loading and use the appropriate spindex/pre-crimp. I have 8 pointed the 6 point hulls and most come out fine, but for best results use the matched pre-crimp.

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

...or use the smooth cone for paper hulls that is made for your loader; MEC and P-W both make one.

You can crimp-start either 6 or 8 pt. with it without sorting hulls.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington lead game hulls