1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A real trapshooting question ########

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JimmyP, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

What is the difference between Briley extended chokes and the Browning Diana grade choke tubes? Does Briley make them for Browning also? I can get the Diana's a little cheaper than the Brileys thus the reason for asking. Browning says the Dianas are tighter than their standard choke tubes. They are black oxided with a colored band for quick ID. Anyone had any experience with them? Thanks

Jimmy

2. Hunter46spring

Hunter46spring TS Member

Browning Diana Grade are made by Briley. I use the Diana's in my XT Trap and love them. Their improved modified is my go to choke and I crush them from 16 and get real solid hits all the way to 27.

3. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

get Wrights and you will never look back.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Second vote for Wright's Chokes. Simply the best hands down.----Matt

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Another vote for Wright's.

Don't overlook the fact that Briley, like a lot of companies, makes products like theirs for other companies BUT they often make them to the specifications provided by those customers. There can be no substitute for running a bore micrometer through any choke tube or fixed-choke barrel you are considering the purchase of.

I did a gun test on a popularly-priced trap combo a few years ago. Its choke tubes were made by Briley but I found them to have wildly differing amounts of parallel - like from under 1/4" to well over 1/2". Since parallel affects the pattern's core density, the patterns thrown by those chokes often were not what you would expect. Open chokes with a lot of parallel will pattern very similarly to tighter chokes with less parallel. Briley uses a lot of parallel in their chokes but I've never found that much variance in them.

A "Browning Briley" choke may be of greater or lesser quality than a "Briley Briley" choke.

Ed

6. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Now that this thread has become a poll, I vote for Briley.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Another vote for Briley's here as well. If you like the ones's made for Browning (Diana) by all means go for it, as they are made by Briley as well and are a good choke. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.