1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Real Man

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed this and hope you do too....

"A real man is a man that takes responsibility for himself, his family, and his environment. He takes charge and leads those around him on an honorable and righteous path. He is known for being a beacon of truth and dependability, and is always the first one his friends, family, and even complete strangers will go to when they need assistance. He never expects restitution and always lends a hand with a smile on his face and happiness in his heart. He asks nothing of others except that they treat him with fairness, respect, and honesty. He always gives more than he takes. He sets higher standards for himself than what society does, and doesn’t cave to others’ expectations of his behavior.

He is quick to apologize, even when he is not at fault. He is slow with his responses, carefully choosing his words not out of a desire to deceive, but rather a desire to explicate his true feelings. He never parts ways angry with a friend or family member, for he is wise enough to know he may not be given another chance to tell them he loves them. He knows that his word and his reputation are all he has in this world, and he is the sole proprietor of both. He is slow to judge, swift to console, and always makes sure those that matter to him know where they stand. He is quiet, preferring to speak with his actions rather than his tongue. He overlooks insults and snide comments.

He raises children that are polite, respectful, well-rounded, honest, caring, and true to themselves. He is gentle, yet firm; his expectations of them are always known and fair. He strives every day to demonstrate how to treat others and teaches them the values that were passed down to him from his parents. He is the epitome of a role model, knowing that he is the person they will become as they age. His sons respect and treat women the same way he treats his wife; his daughters have unwavering respect for themselves and expect the men they associate with to do the same.

He cherishes his wife, always remaining faithful to her. Her health and well-being come before his own. When he looks at her, he is enamored by everything about her and can’t imagine life without her. His heart fills with love and bursts with pride when she claims him as hers, and when he is able to do the same. She never wonders if he is thinking of her, because he goes out of his way to remind her each and every day of the depth of his love for her. He savors every moment he spends with her and can’t wait to get back to her when he is gone. He understands that when he tells her he loves her, he is making a promise with her heart. He provides for and protects her. He inspires her to do things she never thought possible and face her deepest fears with ease. He allows her to express her feelings to him in faith he will not use them against her. He never stands her up or purposefully says hurtful things to her during a disagreement.

He works hard, physically and emotionally, to make sure that she and any children they have, are given the best environment possible to live in.

He would willingly lay down his life for them in an instant." by William Ruble

2. Texas Clays

Texas Clays Member

Wow, I loved that, thanks for passing this along, I really enjoyed the passage.

Buddy

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

To my wife---My girls and my grandkids----I hope I'v been that man----SJB

4. bigdogtx

I have conversed with a couple on here that I would bet fit this mold,,,,,Pat Ireland and Perazzi Bigbore,,,,,I sometimes wish I could live up to some of these points,,,,,,but alas, I can only try. I truly think if we had more MEN like this in America,,,,,we would not be in the mess we are now in.....

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

BigDog,

Who is William Ruble and where did you find this remarkable passage? I wish my Dad had given a copy of it to me when I was 12 years old.

6. bigdogtx

He is just a guy that I know from another board,,,,,,just a YOUNG guy with decent writing ability and insight beyond his years....

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I hope you'll tell him that his words meant something to me.

Thanks,

Kit

8. cnsane

cnsane Member

It was going good until the 'apologizes even when he's not at fault'. That sounds like political correctness. And it must have been a young married guy that penned this because if you ask any divorced man, he'll tell you something that only divorced men know about wives and the court system. Well meant thoughts, but reminds me of those religious whackos called the Promise Keepers. So apparently I(and every divorced guy) fall short of being a Real Man in someone else's eyes. So much for my self-esteem based on other people's judgements.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Sometimes it is better to end an argument by apologizing even if it isn't your fault.
    The argument may esculate to something worse than your pride. After that it's up to you to prevent getting into that situation again.
    I'm aware of the Promise Keepers. Good Group.

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Setterman,

You are so right. I have ben carrying around an insult and a "slight" around with me since the last Grand at Vandalia. I have not spoken to the person or even mentioned his name to our mutual friends since then. I was correct in being upset because the person actually did the thing for which I have been so angry with him. However, I now know that carrying that grudge has done me no good at all. I will call him and apologize. I don't think that we will ever be friends again but I don't want to carry this weight around with me any longer.

"Blessed are the peacemakers...."

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Birdogs---You are that man in my eyes---Good for you---gL---George

12. bigdogtx

cnsane,,,,,maybe if he would have apologized a little more,,,,,he might not be divorced,,,,,just a thought......

13. cnsane

cnsane Member

Dog, the big earred Muslim loving shithead apologizes to foreign dignitaries for things that are not our fault What's your opinion of that,,just a thought.

14. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

A little over the top on the love for the wife thing, but otherwise reminds me of my dad, long departed. Bill

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Cnsane, I really don't get your comment about Promise Keepers. That letter pretty much describes how we strive to live our lives. Oh, and I'm not a whacko. If all of us would try to live up to the standards of that letter this country would be better off. Nice letter and good comments for the most part. I'm not perfect but I want to be. LOL Jackie B.

16. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I think as a parent,one would like to have their kids read and heed----JMO---
    George

17. bigdogtx

cnsane,,,,,I think my opinion of hussein is well documented here,,,,,,hence I take your question with the sarcasm (I assume) you meant,,,,,,as for the OP,,,,,it is talking about the relationship between a Man, Woman and Child,,,,,,did you miss that?????

18. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Fits my Dad to a T, best man I have ever met and in 70 years I have met a bunch. Miss you Dad, Love, Your Son!

19. cnsane

cnsane Member

Dog, actually I took Ruble's diatribe as others not measuring up to a complete strangers opinion on being a Real Man. His lack of life experience has ruled out anyone who ever got divorced and all of us who feel we have nothing to apologize for if we are not in the wrong. Zero was just an over the top analogy to your jesting comment.

SJack, I will apologize for being a complete stranger and judging you without knowing you. But the Promise Keepers I do know are hypocritical whack jobs. I guess me and the original poster shouldn't paint strangers with such a broad brush, based on our limited personal life experiences. Apparently it just chaps my ass when I don't live up to unrealistic expectations pitched by people with limited life experience. I tend to judge people's parenting worth by how their adult children turn out and their individual worth by their actions and deeds. When the author has adult children, if he's not divorced, I would be curious to know if he met his own expectations.

20. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Cnsane, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately you can find whacko's in about every walk in life, IE look at your President. I made a lot of mistakes in my younger years and I feel it was due to a rough upbringing(dad was a womanizer and loved his alcohol). After 44 years of marriage and four grown hard working Christian kids I could say I could have done better but am proud of my kids and Wife. Forty four years of which some were short and some were really long. LOL We never know what a person has been through or why things happen as they do so I try to leave the judging to God and just do the very best I can. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.