1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A question for WI shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jettski25, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jettski25

jettski25 Member

Hey folks, three months from now is our state shoot at the new homegrounds. Yes the concreat pads are poured. But no houses are in place, no traps installed. No electrical or sewer has been laid or put in place yet. No business plan and word is they are tying to secure a huge loan to pay for what is left to be done. The program is posted on the WI website and it looks like there is alot of fun to be had. In fact I'm looking forward to attending. BUT , SHOULD WE BE CONCERNED???????? I do not have a building background. Can everything be done and ready in three months? I know we won't get nothing but venom and crap from the wta directors who read this but what do you the shooter's who will be attending think. I am concerned and I haven't heard anything about a back up plan should there be issue about it being completed on time.

Should we be concerned ??????

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Banned User Banned

GET TO WORK!!!! What are you doing wasting time wondering, and typing about it! Concern should make you in the least, pick up a shovel and start digging.

How good is your arm? I heard they are signing up people for the hand thrown targets. Issuing free flack jackets, and helmets. Oh, they also are thinking about banning release triggers, just for this year. I think they are concerned that they do not want to discourage the help to early.

This is all in good fun of course, as this issue I think has been tested already.

3. jettski25

jettski25 Member

STL FLYN -- Thank you. Typical a$$hole response to a couple legitimate questions.

4. Stl Flyn

If you have a building background, what have you contributed to the cause, besides ridicule?

I see it is you DO NOT have a building background. What ever your background is, what have you done to contribute to the solution of your concerns?

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Good people there in WI...They will get the facility they want and will do the right things to make it happen.

GS

6. jettski25

jettski25 Member

Mid- I have no doubt it will eventually be completed. Just a little concerned with only three months to go and lot to be done.

Flyn must be a old WGC hater - bet right now the WGC is looking pretty good !!

7. Stl Flyn

Absolutely not. Way off! Though I have not shot there in years, which had nothing to do with the club. Pat has done wonders there from what I seen, and heard. Even through all of the BS. Don't miss the big club politics though either. I enjoy shooting the smaller clubs, and the comradery that goes with those smaller clubs.

You seem to be one of the people upset with the WTA for leaving WGC, and building there own grounds. Are you?

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

the trap housed are all done they are at Jeff Welch's place by the Chrisler plant in Belvidere, IL....

tony

9. jettski25

jettski25 Member

So the point your making, is that the traphouses are in Belvidere, Illinois which is not in Rome, WI. Which means they are not in place ready to have electrical run to them or have pat traps installed in them.

Let me go back to my orginal question. Three months is coming quick. Should we be concerned? Is there a back up plan?

10. us820

us820 Active Member

To OP-yes,3 months is plenty of time.

11. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

That's a very good question, If the loan gets approved they have a chance! I'm supprised by the fact that they started this project without a solid plan and financing!!!!!!!!!

12. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

The weather has not co-operated. Between the snow and rain it has been hard to get anything done. Hopefully it will work out.

13. RedScare

RedScare Member

All this derogatory interrogation about the homegrounds is useless. Who cares about your opinion or these "business plans?" Seriously why should I care? Why do you care?

I wish the homegrounds project well. It will get done in good faith and due time. I will support them by shooting there as much as I can. It can only be better than Waukesha. If it does fail (and it wont) at least the WTA can say "we tried." Even if the WTA fails (which it wont) whatever ill just shoot somewhere else.

I am looking forward to this and think it is a great idea reguardless of a "business plan" and if there was one i would never care to read it. Im really looking forward to a 2015 satellite grand at the homegrounds and an international trap bunker. I have had my hotel reserved since feburary for the 2013 state shoot and I believe we will have a great place to shoot.

14. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

What club is going to give up their satellite grand so we can host it? If I read the ATA meeting minutes right, when Stockdale got the heartland grand approved, the EC said that would be the last satellite grand as that made 11. I think we would get a site every year for the Central Zone shoot. I want the homegrounds to succeed and be sustainable for many years to come. Steve Wolf

15. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Redscare, this is why a business plan is so important..FINANCING is a major portion of any business plan! ( If it does fail (and it wont) at least the WTA can say "we tried." Even if the WTA fails (which it wont) whatever ill just shoot somewhere else.). Now does that come along with an apology letter for all those WTA shooters who supported the homegrounds, including returned checks???

Rick

16. RedScare

RedScare Member

I understand that people donated alot of money for this and they deserve to see it succeed. Im saying that this is a little after the fact since the project is under way.

17. Ricky Hoppe

Ricky Hoppe Member

RedScare, quite a few have been asking these questions for YEARS without a written answer and/or a testy irritated response no matter how nicely worded.

DB

18. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

I can't see how the WTA is going to pay the loan back. I seems they are placing alot of confidence in the campground revenue.

19. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Any word on if the loan has been approved?

20. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

Call you BOARD OF DIRECTORS and ask them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.