1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A QUESTION FOR MIA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by decimamas 54, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

Jack as you know I don't know nothing about release trigger but for what reason you use a double hook when with American trap you only use one shoot? Is there a technical reason?

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Dear Marcello,

Jack is probably taking his beauty rest now. To answer your question, they use double release shooting doubles in ATA.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Funny stuff. Truth be known I DO NOT USE A DOUBLE HOOK in a TM1 or TMX. And I do not use the double hook in a MX because I cannot set the trigger unless the gun is open. So on the second shot, I PULL the trigger. Now let's see, where were we....

American Trap is single target for the 16 yard event and the Handicap event. Most accomplished release shooters use a release for both shots in doubles.

Marcello, We are sleeping during your cocktail hour... wait now, maybe that is wrong...

Marcello, help me out on this. When is your cocktail hour? Like mine that begins at noon? Looking for a chianti now with a name like Folunari... Hear that it is good stuff.

Needing an extra hand to install that trigger blade. Looking for a hobby vise today.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.