1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A question about primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brad patterson, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

Where would you rate a Fiocchi primer when compared to a Winchester 209 and a Federal 209A as far as which one is "hotter".

I've been told going from mild to hotter, it would be Winchester , then Fiocchi , then Federal.

Is this true ?

2. lance howard

lance howard Member

I had some of my reloads pressure tested with Fiocci, Winchester and Noble primers. The Fioccis were the middle of the tests and very consistent, Noble was the lowest and Winchester highest. I sent 1oz reloads with 700x to be tested. None were even close to dangerous. Fiocci load tested 5700 PSI, Noble 5300PSI, Winchester 6100PSI. I use Fiocci 616 with green dot in STS case., Tests showed 8700 PSi with my load and 1-1/8 shot. Lance Howard

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

At one time, a few years ago there was a "brisance chart" posted here which ranked primers accoring to their "hotness".

4. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

You may find the above article interesting reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.