1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Question about Preazzi models

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sterlingworth, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I have a question for all you Perazzi people. What model had no center rib like a K gun.The reson I ask is,like a dummy I sold all my Perazzi,and kept my K-guns. I took them in for service,and got them back with 3.5 lb triggers. Now they got me flinching. I normally shot a Ihaca 4-e for 16 and hdc. The 4-E trigger is like breaking glass,clean. My Perazzi's were the same,and I want that back. Any info would help. Thanks a lot...Ray

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The MX-3 and MX-3 Specials do not have side ribs.

3. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

All I know is I like the way the Krieghoff's handle,but I just can't get use to that trigger pull [3.5lbs] and Iam hopeing that this style of P-gun will fit the bill. Thanks again...Ray

4. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

First, you should have told whoever you took your K guns to what to set you trigger at. Take it back and tell them what you want.
    Kreighoff int. used to set all of the triggers at about 4 lbs after a annual.
    Its not the gun. Only blazer has a arguably better trigger than a K gun.

5. rwtii

rwtii Member

Mx11 had no middle rib

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

There're many original Perazzi barrels with no side ribs.

Through out the years, I personally had original barrels on MX-1, MX-8, MX-8B, MX-12, MX-14, MX-16, MX-2000, with no side ribs. If I can find pictures in my old files, I'll post them.

As a matter of fact, you can request specific type of barrels from Perazzi when you order new guns.

What people think about certain type of top rib, side rib were associated with certain models or era only are not entirely true.

7. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

earlier guns with screw chokes were without sideribs, muzzels were larger and sideribs were more difficult to install.

8. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Perazzi Trap Combo Guns with no Side Ribs on the O/U Barrels:

MT6, MX3, MX3 Special, GA88, MX11 and the early MX14.

I may have forgot one and I am sure there were some special order stuff but for the most part these are the combos without side ribs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.