1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A quality american made .45 acp for $179.95

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kolared person, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

I bought a Hi-Point composite .45 acp a week ago for $179.95 At MC Sports. It is made in Ohio by Haskell Manf. and has a lifetime warranty. I shot 3 inch groups at 10 yards right out of the box and it performed smoothly.I called about assessories and they were very friendly. 866-948-4867. Wow a good deal!

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the new pistol. Tell us how it holds up after you get about 2500 rounds through it. Have fun.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Nice cast. Presentation is a little off. A little fresher bait and new presentation ought to serve you well in the future. If you need help, just ask Tron for a little guideance.

ss

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Thanks for the info. Ray

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

It doesn't take much to impress some people..

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

There selling on gunbroker for $149 I am sure there is much more quality put into a Crossman pellet pistol.

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Sounds like it'd make a good drop gun.

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You would think a Kolared person would be able to recognize quality.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

If it works, it works. I don't think I will give up my S&W 45 for it, but might check it out for target shooting.

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have sold a ton of them and rarely have a problem with them. Can't say the same for Glock, Taurus, S&W, Ruger and Keltec. Yes, I know that they aren't made for the long haul but which ones are. There are very few quality pistols made and sold for less than a thousand dollars in my opinion. Jackie B.

11. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

These are currently available subject to stock on hand. Shipped to your FFL for a total of 169.50. This pricing shows to expire at the end of Feb. When selling one of these I would be right "up front" about no promises of fit, function, safety, or reliability. What can one expect for any gun in this price range. I really have mixed feelings on these low dollar guns.....but ones who have very limited income should be able to defend themselves too !!!

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

At least if you had to use it to protect you or your family...it would not be much of a loss if you had to surrender it as evidence

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The difference is by defination.. The "Sten" gun was a sloopy.. poorly manufactured piece of XXXXXX but was highly effective..and had a very long life.. The term quality never came into play.. The same might be true here.. It's a 45.. it shoots.. it may or may not last for many rounds.. Time will tell.. but when you look at one.. as when you look at a Sten.. you see XXXXX...

14. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item/6403_Hi-Point_Hand_Guns_Pistols_Hi-Point_34510_Auto_Pisto.aspx

here is the gun with 17 comments- what am I missing here? Some of these reviews indicate this is a great gun

Regards from Iowa

Gene

15. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

You gets what you pay for. Tough concept, eh?

16. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

"kolared person"...love it.

The cheap "throw down" hi-points actually do run like raped apes. Hard to believe, I understand. And if you do destroy it, send back the pieces and they will send you a new one.

A person of low income seeking a means of self defense could do worse.

17. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Junk! Junk! Junk!

18. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

I paid $200 for my MP 153 (Russian) in about 2000 and it is still going strong. Only use it for hunting but it works and has never failed me.

Take care,

Jim

19. RDM

RDM TS Member

Any gun that will go bang that is made in the USA is enough of a reason for me to buy one. Support the US gun makers !!!!

20. maierar

maierar Member

May I safely assume that all comments on performance, positive and negative, have been made by people who have actually held and fired the gun?
    Maier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.