1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Precautionary Yellow

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sallyjane, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sallyjane

sallyjane TS Member

As I,m watching the speed channel and ESPN joke about yesterdays parade at Indy, I got to thinking that I should be able to call a precautionary yellow after 12 or 13 targets, just to make sure that my shorts are straight so my butt looks good from the benches, and to check and make sure my setup is right, etc. What an insult to the buying public. Wonder what all the old timers thought of that. I didn't know the crew chiefs were so stupid that they couldn't assess tire wear on there own, and let them RACE. Good thing nascar was there for them to hold there hands. Only one make of tire provided, ok, drop the flag and let them go, they'll figure it out. It was a race.......wasn't it?

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Yesterday was the first race I watched all year. I was flipping between the "race" and a baseball game. Every time I flipped to the race it was being ran under the yellow flag. I never heard of "competition yellow" until yesterday. Stop the race ever 10 or 12 laps??? Why then have 160 laps? Why not just have a 10 lap run and determined the winner that way??

Like I said, it was the first race I watched all year and it will be the only one.

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

It was absolutely disgusting. The fans should be given their money back, courtesy of Good Year.

4. austin fatts

austin fatts TS Member

This whole big league stock car race thing has turned into a sham!! Terrible decisions, drivers who can't say boo, no fights, no hellmelt throwing. Not to mention the race coverage, it is terrible!! If the car companies/tire companies want to win then let them at it!! No restrictor plates no COT, just cars, built safe and let the boys do the rest.

Austin fatts

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

NASCAR is becoming PC. Don't want to upset anyone; can't have a faster car or better mechanics or faster crew etc. It is becoming a joke. If you don't want Gordon to win, make YOURSELF better and BEAT him!!! Stop whining....oops maybe that hit too close to home. ;) :D

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Why not go back to real stock cars. Dodge has the Challenger out now, Ford the Mustang, and GM is talking about bringing back the Camaro. Let em run those cars.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    NASCAR has sucked ever since they went to restricter plates and limited cubic inches. The last season that was real racing was when the Ford Cobras and Talledegas took on the Winged Warriors from MOPAR. You see more real racing with the Gran Prix or LeMans now.

8. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Super Modifieds and sprint cars. Real racin', with real racers.

9. jalu

jalu Member

Nascar has been neutered...

jalu

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Bisi,

We'll excuse your lack of knowledge about stock car racing as Challengers, Camero's, Mustangs, etc were never allowed in Winston Cup. It has always been sedans. They used sedans as the basis because that's what the ole timmers drove on there wiskey runs.

The Pony car wars were held on the road race couses throughout North America in the late '60's though the early '70's. This was the old SCCA "Trans Am" series. It was a great series with full factory envolvement, but the SCCA was ill equiped to handle the rigors of full blown factory racing. This is where Roger Penske got his start along with the late great Mark Donahue.

NASCAR was ruined the day you could no longer tell what kind of car it was just by looking at them. The late 80's was the last time you could tell them apart without reading it on the car. The series used to be great until they started trying to appeal to the masses. Restrictor plates were mandated because Good Year didn't want to spend the money on new technology for there tires.

ec90t

11. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Well, I agree with most but for different reasons. First I am an old time fan. I remember Grand Nationals and Wyndell Scott Look it up! I saw Richard win #200 I saw Bill Elliott make up a three lap deficit at Talladega and all under green. I remember when Donny Allison was better known than Bobby.
    Now: Nascar HAD to keep a lid on. The teams would have driven too long and had a disaster -maybe even getting a car into the crowd.
    NASCAR BLEW IT They passed on a Goodyear test earlier in tne year at Indy
    AND whether you like him or not, TONY STEWART has bellowed all year that it was a matter of time until Goodyear screwed up a race--Bellowed to the point that NASCAR told him to shut up or pay up.
    The drivers know!!
    I agree, it was a lot better when you could tell a Ford from a Chevy from a Dodge from a Toyoata.
    It is not as much fun to me as it once was and the empty seats tell the story.

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I agree...at least Tony S has the Cajones to speak his mind

13. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

SallyJane ... no need to call a precautionary yellow after 12 or 13 targets to check your ... I'm sure you'll get no complaints at all from the benches. ;-)

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

COT - Crab of Tomorrow?

Never thought I'd see a field of stock cars "crabbing" sideways down the straightaway like a bunch of old bent-framed Hudsons (no offense to Hornet fans). Maybe they should just make them into giant slot cars.

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Best: bikes on the mile.

excellent: 1/2 mile bikes, wingless sprints, midgets, Super Mods.

Better than Nascar: all but pee wee moped races.

HM

16. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Hey now ... have you never seen a Pee Wee Moped event? One of the greatest spectacles of all time is a good Pee Wee Moped day at the park, not only do the pee wees fight amongst themselves to see who will ride the damn moped but the parents fight amongst themselves as well over the embarrassment of having the wimpiest runt of the bunch.

It really is an interesting thing to watch ... the only type of racing where the winner gets the privilege of making the loser ride the dang moped while the crowds laugh and jeer and the geeky wimpy runty kid on the moped.

17. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

3 years ago,I was unable to go to the Brickyard 400-so--I advertised the 4

tickets in the local paper at face value---NOT ONE CALL------I hope NASCAR

will wake up before the sport dies-------------or the GREEN Peole shut all

forms of receing down

18. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Maybe it's time to allow Firestone and Hoosier back into the tire game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.