1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Positive IL gun law

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Illinois Gov. Quinn signed in a law that basically protects the gun owners privacy. The governor approved legislation to prevent Illinois State Police from releasing the names of those who hold or have applied for a Firearm Owner’s Identification card. The permits are required to legally own or purchase guns in Illinois.

Lawmakers moved to exempt gun owner information from being released under the state’s Freedom of Information Act after the Associated Press sought the names of FOID card holders earlier this year. The state police resisted, saying it would be an invasion of privacy.

This comes after Attorney General Lisa Madigan attempted to have all the names released.

It is about time somebody did the right thing to protect the legal gun owners in this State.

Now we need to get Quinn out so we can get the CCW in. He has vowed to ax any IL CCW plans that come across his desk.

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

If Quinn follows form, he will not be eligible for gun ownership. Over 1/2 of the last 10 govenors are convicted felons.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Meanwhile in Oregon the bill to protect the list of CHL holders died in committee.

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Snake Eyes" thought she had us. Better luck next time, creep.

I wouldn't give "3-County Quinn" much credit, the legislature is what saved us. All he did was not veto it and he did it quietly with a email announcement.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

stokinpls---I agree. We need him out of there. I only reported it as i read the story. He has made statements to his dislike of any/all CCW ideas. Thats enough for a boot for me. He is as anti gun as any of them Chicago crooks.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Give the mayor of Chicago a little credit for rescinding the ordinance against gun stores in Chicago.

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

When Lisa Madigan was elected Attorney General I thought all hell would break loose for firearm owners. Well, it didn't. She had been very quiet to my knowlesge until now witn that "information" stunt. The apple didn't fall too far from the tree afterall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.