1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A positive hunting article from an unlikely source

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well written article. It's about time the women's movement started realizing that there is no true equality or freedom if women can only think and do as the radical left tells them to.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I would have never thought that it would be published in Oprah...

3. 7771

7771 Active Member

Good for her

4. porky

porky TS Member

Oprah is starting to move to the middle so she can run for Congress.

5. shelly

shelly TS Member

Egads, Senator Oprah, I'm going to puke.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

We elected a "Community Organizer," whatever that is, who never ran so much as a Kool-Aid stand, so yeah we're probably dumb enough to elect a talk show host.

After all, the main goal in America is electing minorities so people see that we're open-minded and stuff. I think we should elect a few retarded people just to be fair (Joe Biden shouldn't be the only one).

-Gary

7. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I only noticed three things in the article that attracted my attention. The first is a missing apostrophe. What good is a journalism degree if you don't know grade school punctuation? The second is the statement about her farming parents' disappointment about her new interest in hunting. Maybe they are not farmers but rich property owners. The third is my disappointment that a lean young thing can get an entry level job at Field and Stream and immediately be invited on a bunch of out of town hunts. I guess that's the advantage of being young, lean, and female. Of course the same thing happens to newly hired employees in Washington. The males work weekends and the females go hunting.

8. recurvyarcher

Ran200, what does it matter who influenced her to go out and hunt, she's doing it and writing about it now, isn't she? You should be happy that she may, herself, influence others.

9. recurvyarcher

Butch? Is that you? If so, congrats on another year on the state team.

No, I don't hunt. But I have several friends that are women or girls that do. Some of them got into it because their husbands an boyfriends started them, and some were at a later point in life. Somebody has to teach you, and with many of us, our dads didn't. It's rare that a woman teaches another woman to hunt.

Have a happy thanksgiving.

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

You guys have to get out more. Take a trip to the real United States to find out how many women can gut a deer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.