1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

a positive from the recession

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kolared person, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

This morning I was cruising on my motorcycle and noticed the wonderful fields of corn and soy beans. Before the recession there was way too much land being converted to strip malls and subdivisions. Now there is very little land being sold. What will save this country is our ability to feed the world. Someday when the world population doubles and tri ples our crops will be more valuable than oil or gold and we will be holding the aces!

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Good point. We need fuel to farm the land, though.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Good...let's cut farm subsidies OUT.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    We don't have any politicians with the guts to use food in the same manner that Opec used oil against us.

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Food will be one item that we have the other is a farily good supply of fresh water.

Without food you can live for 3 weeks.
    Without water you can live for 3 days.
    Without air you can live for 3 minutes.

My point is this we have food and water. I suspect the air will be too hard to take away. However, in my lifetime I suspect that we will be in a war over food and water. Recomend stocking up on guns and ammo.

ronbo

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Ronbo, Our neighbors to the North have the water, ours is fairly limited in some areas.

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I do not suspect that they will fight very hard and will most likely rely on us to help them protect what they have. I do not think that the Chinese or Russians have much fear or respect of Canada and its military. So a moot point. We end up fighting for that water as well.

Ronob

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I don't know about them Candians, they are up to something. Do you know they have moved 90% of their population to within 1 hr driving time of our border. What does that tell you? Sounds like they are planning an invasion. LOL

As far as water - all of Lake Michigan is within our border and we share the other Great Lakes with the neighbors up north.

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I hope they've cleaned up Lake Dreary since I lived up there...

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Biggest threat to the great lakes right now is invasive specices. However, at least we still have the fresh water that is in them.

Ronbo

11. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Biggest threat I see concerning "invasive species" is those that sneak across the borders on their own two feet.
    Woody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.