1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Pizza diet of sorts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JACK, Aug 7, 2013.

1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

For those following... I am, on a partial vegetarian diet... Here is one of my fave lunches... 300 cals. Looks like a slice of pizza, but contains very little bad stuff. Just 70 cals of cheese. 100 cals of flatbread taco, perhaps 40 cals of cooked mushrooms, 50 cals of sliced olives, a smattering of basil pesto. the pictures in sequence...
    [​IMG]
    another
    [​IMG]
    Use the two center sections amounting to about 2/3rds of the tortilla
    [​IMG]
    Then spead about a TB of basil pesto on each piece
    [​IMG]
    add on a few cooked TB portabella cooked sliced mushrooms and same for olives of your choice. then thin slices of your fave cheese (mine is with jalapenos) nad put in a fry pan to crisp up the tortilla. Cook on med+ heat for 7 minutes to dry and crisp the tortilla.
    [​IMG]
    Then put the pan into a broiler (second rack) for 1 minute and remove.
    [​IMG]
    Cut it up, allow it to cool and it is a perfect drive down the road lunch..
    [​IMG]
    Very satisfying for hours. Till dinner for sure. Usually I slide it off more neatly that I did here.
    [​IMG]
    300 cals and very satisfying.
    [​IMG]

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Halitosis is better than no breath at all!

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Looks good, you made me hungry

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Jack, you're the man!!! Scuze me, gotta get something to eat; that made me hungry.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

That recipe would be even better if you used pita bread!

6. JACK

This recipe is my combination I put together after having one similar at Doolittles Woodfire Grill whaile at the MN state shoot. Theirs had the crispy texture I attain with the 7 minutes in a fry or grill pan. Too, it had some chicken and provolone cheese. But the nutty flavor comes from the basil pesto. I have substituted sun dried tomato pesto and my life likes that. I'v added extra bite with chopped jalapenos and thought that overwhelming. Once this stuff cools plop it into a container and it is very easy and not messy to eat while going down the road to the club. You do not end up full, and yet you are not craving more food before dinner. And face it, 300 cals for lunch is small and any small meal you have is good for your weight maintenance.

7. JACK

Ihave my gout under control now and am eating a few things I love once again. Mushrooms especially. I take a 6 oz container of small portabellas, slice them, cook them in olive oil and a TB of butter. lay them on a baking sheet and put in my freezer. 20 minutes later, I scrape them free and put them in the container you see. then when I want mushrooms, I just pull a few out and microwave/defrost them and they are as good as just cooked. The container stays in the freezer.

8. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Where's the tomato sauce? Bill

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jack,

That looks good enough to make a meal out of it ... I have dropped the bread when possible and use tortillas instead ... I have lost 47 pounds by watching what I eat, got 15 more to go ... Makes my Cardiologist happy and I feel better ...

Eat fresh cherry's for your gout, they help when mine flares up ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hi Jack..I do something similar with a split Thomas's multigrain english muffin..i use the bottom of a teacup saucer to press a dish into the muffin to add contents and toast a half minute to get it to hold its form

11. JACK

Slayer. If anything makes this a stand out tasty item it is the basil pesto in place of the tomato sauce. this was originaly served with some shreaded chicken. that was good too. but the mushrooms and sliced olives easily replace the chicken