1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Picture of a Real American

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"Lt. Michael Murphy, while shot and wounded in Afghanistan, managed to crawl onto a ridgeline and radio headquarters at the nearby air base for them to send in reinforcements. He later died of his wounds. He will be awarded the Medal of Honor on Oct. 22."

Please click the link and read the story of this young man.

For those of you here that don't agree with our efforts in the Middle East, this is not a thread on which to voice your opinions. It is for all of us to pause and remember not only this young man's sacrifice but the countless others before him that have provided the freedoms we enjoy.

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Amen J!

Thank you,
    Steve

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you back the Troops, you have to back their mission ... They didn't ask to go to the Middle East they were told to ... My kids been there 4 times and going back again ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

My condolences to this brave young man's family.

What an American!

Hauxfan!

5. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

According to Bobby, Bret Favre is the real hero. Brownk80, note that I'm not Bobby before you start babbling.

6. yenko

yenko TS Member

god bless him and his family.

7. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

It is a shame brave men like this fine man die while the scum walk the streets and make fun of those that keep our way of life. My prayers are with this fine American and his family. He is truly a hero in every respect.

8. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

Brownk80, you are my hero. LOL

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with his family, and he is a real American

10. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

this young man is to receive the medal of honor posthumously?spelling may not be correct} very soon. dwain

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with his family, and he is a real American

12. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

The only person who appears to be trying to stir up trouble is brownk80. Nobody criticized Lt. Murphy at all- that I can see. He deserves his MOH, which I'm sure we can all agree on. It makes no sense for brownk80 to try to start a pissing contest. Perhaps he is the one who should appoligize for garbaging up this thread. Just my opinion.

13. mredburn

mredburn TS Member

My prayers for his family and their sacrifice as well as his. Mike

14. gotbass

gotbass Member

Bernie and Brown - at this point you both dishonor this brave man. Rest in Peace and God Bless.

15. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I read the book by Luttrel and was so moved that I made a donation to the Special Ops Command for the education of SOG children's education fund.

I believe this was the battle of the hill top in Afganistan.

WW

16. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Brownk80, bobbie, and any the rest. If you want to poke fun or, call each other names, take it to another thread. You dishonor the whole community when you continue off of the topic. This young man gave his life for his fellow men. The least you can do is give him and his family the respect that he deserves. Gawd, there's always someone who has to put up a smart assed remark. Give it a rest. One thing that gets to me is the infantile (and I do mean infantile) responses that get posted sometimes.
    Sorry. This one kind of got to me.

Shawn.

17. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

short and simple. God Bless the heroes we have fighting for us today. Regardless of the politics that sent them there or the mission you don't believe in, Honor the brave.

18. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Thanks JBrooks for posting this story and picture. We all get wrapped up in daily activities and periodically forget the contributions of these men and women. It's postings and reminders like this that let us give thanks to those serving our country and are constantly in harms way.

God Bless America and God Bless those serving in our Armed Forces.

ABD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.