1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

a perfect squad yesterday

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

This has never happen to me before but on our fourth trap all shooters had a perfect round. I was hoping my my ass hole wouldn't fall out and i would be the one to miss the target. (Well, we got it done.) A first for me. How often have you been on a perfect squad like this?

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

good morning tron. that's funny.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

smsnyder- Nice shooting. Do you realize that you have tied a national record for the high score of a squad on one trap?

Pat Ireland

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I was on a 499 once......we ran all three first traps..only to have one miss in the final trap....no wasn't me. That's pucker factor

Rickyd

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Some make such a big deal out of breaking a 100 targets ... geez all ya did was what you were supposed to do and what you have been practicing to do.

Geez why not hop around and do a little diddly dance like all the pro athletes do when they do what there paid to do ... geez ... come on guys lets get realistic for a moment.

Leo Suhre thanked this.
  6. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

lumper,

Why so down on people? This thread wasn't titled 'everybody, look what I did.' He simply asked people to recount times they've been on a perfect squad. A little silly to those of you who've dedicated their later years to shooting? Perhaps.

However, that's still quite a feat and a great accomplishment for the squad. Congrats.

7. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

One time. RG

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

lumper- It was my impression that the squad broke 125 targets. You should try it, it's a lot of fun.

Pat Ireland

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hmmm, my grandboys would say, "What a maroon!"

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Must have delusions of adequacy.

HM

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Please forgive me since it seems that nobody hear has a sense of humor ... either sarcastic or any other form of humor.

Teshooters sense of timing is something to behold. Good afternoon Tex. Have some coffee. ;-)))

BTW ... to me a perfect squad would be 5 shooters all shooting a perfect round of 100 and thusly having a perfect score of 500 between them. I wonder what the squad ended up after they finished?

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I've been on one and was the goat (124/125)on another.

13. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

We shot a 125 in our local league in August, it was the perfect way to finish off the LAST round of the season, our first round was a 121, 4-25's and a 21 doh! second round was str8, only the 2nd time this season that a team had done it....The season is 16 weeks, 48 teams, 250 birds/week /team, so that is approx 1536 rounds, with only 2 perfect scores.-Frank C.

14. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Did it once back in the 70's. It was a nice feelin when that to have happened.

Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

15. Bob A

Bob A TS Member

The only time I've been close was a few years ago and we'd all broken our first 22 birds when someone loudly said, "Hey, be quiet, the whole squad is straight." The next shooter dropped a bird as did the next three shooters after that. We finished 24 24 24 24 25.

Bob

16. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

At the Ohio State Shoot many years ago I broke a 198 and was low man on the squad !! It was awful...We went back to the popular beer tent and I had to buy beer and everything!!! AAhhhhhh to be young again !!!...Uncle Sam, Pa.

17. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

One time I was going to be on a perfect squad when shooting 50 to a trap (at this year's PA State Shoot), but one guy (whom had over a 99 average in singles last year) missed a single target. Wonder who that was, Earl? Haha...

18. Paper Skeet

Paper Skeet Member

At the 2006 Grand, in the Winchester Singles , on the first day of Grand week, my squad went clean on the first trap. I was post five. I think I took a few extra seconds on the last bird. That was my first year shooting registered. Even the wives thought it was pretty cool. I was the only one to make it to fifty. Wound up with a 98.

Jack

19. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I shot on a squad that shot 124 Care to take a guess who missed one. HINT: My name says it all!!!!!!!!!

20. Wentez

Wentez Member

Glad you had a perfect squad. I was on a squad that came close once but we finished with a 499. The dropped bird was number 83 so we had a good start.

Geo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.