1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A note to all shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

After the events of this last week I feel the need to remind all that we are in a transition of power to be led by a group of people that read like the “Who’s Who” of gun control extremist. V.P. elect Biden is the man that co-sponsored the Assault Weapons Ban!

I would encourage all of you to join or renew your NRA membership. I realize we may not always agree with them, and even tire of their recurring request for money.

I urge all of us to stand together. It does not matter if you are a Clay Target shooter, a hunter, a Cowboy Action shooter, or enjoy plinking with an AR-15. In the past many of us have said “I guess no one needs an “Assault Rifle” to go deer hunting. Well how many of us really need the 4x4 or BMW we enjoy driving? We bought it with our own money and should be able to enjoy the use of it.

Remember the group that will be leading our nation for the next 2-4 years are not friends of gun owners. No matter what rhetoric they may have set forth during the campaign. They served notice of their intentions for us in 1994. They have not changed. Please join or renew your NRA membership now.

2. birdbuster

birdbuster TS Member

Not a fan of the NRA. I joined and the first month of a 12 month membership they are asking for next year's dues.....ever 2 weeks for the next 11 months. My dues went into postage it seems. I am done with them, and will use my vote for my rights instead.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

They do a lot to inform us and fight for us. You don't have to renew early, nor do you have to donate when they ask for extra donations. But the membership numbers do say something to politicians. They look at the number of members and count how many votes for them they can get from that.

Join, please.

4. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I do wish people would understand that they are not assault weapons, they are semiatomatic rifles. We need to inform people of the difference. People who do not know anything about guns have been snowed by the anti's.

Dave

5. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

A stick is an “assault weapon” if you assault someone using a stick. Semi-auto is no more than one of many types of actions used in repeating rifles. Black is just a color. Orange is also a color.

Politicians are simply afraid of firearms that look scary to them.

6. missed some

missed some TS Member

way to go birdbuster,overlook the other million things they do right because of that small thing they do wrong. I will send a little extra because of people like you. mark crist

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

The gun club I belong to requires their members to have a current NRA membership when they either join or when they renew their membership.

I think all gun clubs should do the same.

8. missed some

missed some TS Member

amen bucko

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Actually, they have a pretty decent insurance program, if you have all club memebers in the NRA.

HM

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Whether you agree with them or not, they(theNRA) are the only group out there fighting for us, shotgun,rifle, or you name it. We are all in very deep doo-doo for the next four years at least. You'd better be willing to support some one who is trying to help us. GOD Bless and please help America. Bob

11. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

sounds like nipper and trappy the kid have a new friend; BIRDBUSTER.....

12. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

The next time some liberal media-fed do-gooder tells you that you don't need an AR-15 to go deer hunting, just remind them it's not the Bill of Needs, it's the Bill of Rights. That usually shuts them up. I don't need a car that goes 200 miles an hour either, but our Founding Fathers based the foundation of this great country on personal responsibility and accountability, and I know that driving too fast is detrimental to my life and pocketbook! This past Tuesday is just another grim reminder of how far our society is removed from the ideals of 1776. Obama may as well have twisted JFK's great line, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country," into "Ask what your country can do for you and get as much of it as you can for the smallest amount of effort."

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

riflegunbuilder, your right on the money we need to protect our rights and get in line with the NRA. Like yourself I don't always agree with them and I don't like the begging for more all the time but I have been a member for over thirty years and will renew every year.

14. spritc

spritc Active Member

Have always been a member and will always be a member of the NRA. Please join or renew, we have to stick together and the NRA will be there with us through this upcoming battle.

Steve

15. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

NRA life member for 40 years, went lifetime when I was 15, also member of Texas State Rifle Association (20 yrs)....LBshootin!

16. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Just got this email today.

Your NRA membership will expire soon and I want to send you a quick e-mail to remind you to renew as soon as you have the chance.

Click here to renew securely online and confirm your NRA member magazine selection. To thank you for renewing online in the next ten days, you will receive a $2 discount on your NRA membership dues.

By renewing today online, you’re helping NRA save the cost of sending renewal notices and processing payments. YOU SAVE the cost of a stamp, and more of your dues dollars are devoted to defending your Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms!

And this year, NRA needs every penny we can muster. Across every inch of the political horizon, we’re locked in fights with politicians who want to rip apart the Second Amendment and transform it from an individual right into a government-regulated privilege.

Their sweeping gun ban agendas include eliminating Right-to-Carry, bans on handgun ownership, bans on hunting ammunition, rationing the number of guns you can buy, creating a Federal gun registry, bankrupting the firearms industry, and banning hundreds of commonly owned rifles, pistols and shotguns.

Remember, only NRA stands between your guns and those that would take them away. But we’re only as strong as your commitment to your freedoms.

You can renew for one or two years and receive all of NRA’s regular membership benefits, including our award-winning magazines. Or, you can renew for three or five years and receive NRA’s ultra-rugged survival tool. This handy three-in-one kit features a 10-function multi-tool, LED flashlight, razor-sharp hunting knife, and a handy Cordura® case that affixes easily to your belt.

Or you can make the ultimate commitment and
    become an NRA Life Member today.

As a special thank you for upgrading to Life Membership, you’ll receive an historic commemorative that celebrates the many generations of NRA heroes who have fought for freedom since our founding.

Your Life Member commemorative features an authentic Civil War Minie Ball, collector’s coins and certificate of authenticity.

Your limited edition, numbered commemorative features specially minted challenge coins, and an authentic .58 “Minie Ball,” used in the era of NRA’s founding and retrieved from a Civil War encampment.

I have the first of these special numbered commemoratives here on my office wall.
    (An unnumbered version will soon be offered in our NRA catalog for $250.)

And I hope that you will also display this magnificent keepsake to honor your proud place in the long line of NRA patriots who have come before us, and those who must follow in our footsteps if freedom is to survive.

Whether or not you choose to renew your annual membership, or upgrade to Life Membership, I hope you’ll act today.

Clearly this is the most important battle of our lifetime. This year, you and I have an awesome responsibility to make our voices heard, shape the debate, reach out to our fellow American gun owners and lead the fight for freedom.

Thank you for your friendship and support of NRA. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours in Liberty,

Wayne LaPierre
    Executive Vice President, NRA

Jerbear

17. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

OK, don't join, don't donate, quit. Tell everyone you know that the NRA bugs you too much for money. Feel like you are being "bothered" because they keep sending you requests.

THEN, when the fight starts over #1022, and any other bill the demokrats feel will "save just one child", moan about the fact that the NRA wasn't up there on the hill fighting for YOUR rights. If it wasn't for the NRA, who would we have fighting these liberals? Who has a big enough voice? We know they hear us. They ALWAYS talk about the "gun vote" and how it will effect their candidates. Except this time when the NRA was sued to try and keep some of our adds off the TV. Funny how obama uses the "law" to get what he wants. You think it will be any different when he OK's any bill the demokrats send to him?

I get the double mail from the NRA. SO WHAT? You think they are sitting there looking thru every name and picking YOU out. I even sent them a letter years ago telling them to save the postage and printing on the second mailing.

I get TWO flyers EVERY time a pigeon shoot is coming up. They have my name on the flyers associations list twice. I told them in person more than five times to stop spending the money on the double mail. I still get two.The NRA isn't your local club with a few hundred members. Pretty tough to keep track of EVERY members wishes. We have around 800 members if our club. Once in a while I get a double flyer or notice of some event coming up. No big deal.
    I would rather have the NRA using our money fighting for OUR rights than spending it upgrading their computer system so people don't get "bothered" by the mailings and requests.

Remember, if the NRA wasnt' there, where would we be in the demokrats plan to ban and tax our firearms, and even the ammunition. I remember moynahan(spelling) years ago saying that he knew that they could NEVER take all the handguns off the streets. He understood that. But he also said something along the lines of, "we might NOT be able to get the handguns, but we can sure as heck TAX the ammunition enough that "THEY" won't be able to afford to shoot them."

Do you have to ask who "THEY" are? I am proud of the fact that anytime one of their bills goes down to defeat, the NRA is on the TV explaining how they helped make it happen.

No NRA? WHO fights for our 2nd Amendment rights?

Tom(AJ100)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.