1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Nice Little Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

While visiting my pop in Crystal River, Florida I took some time out to visit Robinson Ranch Trap and Skeet Club. To my surprise one of my old buddies, a flash from the past, Dean DeBow, was teaching a trap class with his partner, Dennis DeVault. That was a pleasant circumstance.

I didn't get to talk to the owner. He was too busy making everybody happy and installing a new trap machine in his "Crazy Quail" set up. I love little ol' clubs like this and was glad to see Dean doing so well and looking so healthy.

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The nice little ole club was Robinson Ranch, Dennis & Dean are back in form again--will be heading out to the club for day two of the clinic---really needed their tine up !!

Phil Berkowitz

3. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

It really is a very nice little club. And, I love that "Pre-Disney Florida" oak scrub you drive through right after you turn in off the hard road. I half expect to see a big buck, a gobbler, a boar hog, or a 6' rattler everytime I drive through there.....

Mike

4. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

Shot at the Ranch two years ago. Great club. Planning on being there Jan. 12th for their shot on saturday.

5. 2shot

2shot Member

Are there any motels around Robinson Ranch? I would like to stop in on my way to the Dollar in March. Thanks, Mike.

6. Barry C. Roach

Lots of lodging. It's a resort area.

7. 2shot

2shot Member

Thanks Barry. Mike Roese

8. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There's an older motel right in Dunnellon, the Dinner Bell. Clean rooms, nice folks, great rates. There's a restaurant right there at the motel, but I prefer the Front Porch, a home-cooking, fantastic restaurant just down the road maybe half a mile.

Robinson Ranch is great. I don't get up there as much as I would like, maybe three to four times a year, but it is a great place to shoot and they really make visitors feel welcome.

Bob

9. Barry C. Roach

That was my experience, as well.

10. running bear

running bear Member

Web site posted above. Linsk page has list of hotels.

Buck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.