1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A NEW TRAPSHOOTING CATAGORY DIVISION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We all know that registered trapshooting is in a downward trend thought this would rejuvenate it. It would take some adjustments, but what do you think of the idea. Read the following
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. running bear

running bear Member

Longshot, did the Doctor change your meds? You can't hit them with 1 1/8 of shot now and you don't shoot ATA. Why don't you use this for your games?

Buck

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Running Bear you must be blind and need eye meds, guys like you and your posts are not welcome on here..

I may change name to WHUPASS

The Doctor knows his Longshot and New AA Super Handicap Shells @ 30 Yards.

HaHa You throw em I will Break-em

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

The Running Bear was hungry for something and Dr. Longshorts aims to please. This place is too funny;)

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Running Bear you must be blind and need eye meds, guys like you and your posts are not welcome on here.."

So tell us all Longdraws who died and left this site in your incapable hands.

Bob Lawless

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

My first question is why call it a One Ounce Division if you mandate use of Olympic qualifying shells?

EDIT: I guess your reference to "Olympic" must be to a brand name. My bad.

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

If you are going to use Bunker loads then you will have to shoot 24 grams(slightly less than 7/8 oz.) The rules went to that load some time ago.

8. running bear

running bear Member

Longshot, you brag about your 30 yd. shells and how you can hit them, but you can't hit 16 yd targets. It's about time you woke up from your dream!

Buck

9. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Yawnsssssssss. Nice day here today.

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

More humidity today.

11. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Buck,

He's so good at breaking targets he wouldn't lower himself to accept the wager I offered him last week in OH.

Lets see according to him.. we can't get shooters to stay now because they can't beat the big dogs with the "easy" targets they throw today.. But if we give them faster/wider targets and less shot.. they will like it better and shoot better and beat the big dogs !! hmmmmm... yep, he's got a plan!

12. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Heck of an idea! I would add that the competitor should stand on a skateboard to add a touch of athleticism to the game.

13. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Please keep feeding shortshot and the other trolls, they are funny and they make me giggle & grin. Ross

14. running bear

running bear Member

FlaLagarto,

Longshot won' shoot against you because he's afaid he will lose.

Buck

15. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Gary,
    Sometimes I think you should be on the Stage, the first one out of town........ But I can't fault you for trying to add numbers to the ATA even though I think its futile at this point and time. The economy must have major improvements before we see an uptick in ATA membership. We all may be running straights in the clouds by the time it happens.......

Surfer

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Longsh?t why did you send be a PM then disable yours so I couldn't respond? What a chicken shot. Try looking up the word "slanderous" of which you have accused me then use it properly or don't use it at all. If you send me a PM have the guts to recieve a response.

Don

17. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Had to bring the bsmeter out for this thread....

FRedmon

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Now that is childish. I've blocked people but not after I've sent them a PM. I would at least give one a chance to reply. I'll admit I have you blocked cause frankly I got tired of your gibberish both on the forum and PM. It just gets old. You are like a broken record that skips. The really bad part is your like a record that skips that wasn't even a good song.

P.S. See ya machete........

19. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

There does need to be a way to bring new shooters into the sport. I began shooting 10 months ago and noticed right away that most shooters in this area are at least in their 50's and a large number like myself are quite a bit older than that. As far as new, young blood there is very little to be seen. Cost is part of the issue, this appears to be a fairly expensive sport. Opportunity to compete in registered shoots is limited and travel is required if one does decide to make the attempt.
    How to attract the young? A new game? New classifications? My senior year in high school (1960) the high school trap club was cancelled. There have been some programs since but all were short lived. What can be used to get the youth and their parents out of the mall's, away from the video games, out of town and to a trap club?? It is a topic worthy of discussion....... Larry

20. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

You are correct Larry. It needs to be marketed to the people of means, both a little bit of time and as you point out, some disposable cash. It is a topic that needs a solution.

We'll do no good on this thread as there are a pile of posters who take their shot at the good Dr. any chance they get. Yours truly included ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.