1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A new trap gun from H & R, I'm serious!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Looks better than some single shot trap guns I've seen.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

It does have interchangeable chokes. Anyone make a release trigger for this gun?

Pat Ireland

3. Brian in Oregon

How about a PFS stock or Soft Touch?

4. Brian in Oregon

Ya know, we shouldn't make fun about it. If the stock is designed properly so the recoil is more manageable, and if the price is right, then this might help future trapshooters into our ranks. Look at some of the other shotgun makers. They don't have a low end entry level trap gun. Mossberg used to make one (based on the 500 pump). Even Remington doesn't make an actual youth model or entry level trap gun.

5. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I didn't see a price...so at this point, it's hard to say how this fits price-wise. That said,I'd like to applaud their efforts to offer an entry-level gun for anyone interested in our sport.It seems to have a number of features most shooters find desireable and the H & R line generally offers a lot of value for the money.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

they will sell more than you may think

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I think it's great! I'm in full agreement with Brian. I bet it's a HELL of a lot better than some of that Turkish or Russian junk on the market.

Tron

8. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

If it came with a 34" barrel and maybe a case hardened receiver I'd probably buy one. Can you imagine the looks on the Trapfield? My very first shotgun was an H&R 12 Gauge that kicked me senseless. There are numerous theories as to how much this affected me for the rest of my life.

Ron

9. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"Ya know, we shouldn't make fun about it. If the stock is designed properly so the recoil is more manageable, and if the price is right, then this might help future trapshooters into our ranks."

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

Something like this has the potential to get new shooters introduced to the game; IMHO, that is a good thing.

10. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Rem,

You are 100% correct. Maybe some of the other Gun makers should take notice and help make our sport more affordable.

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any pricing information on this gun? I would be interested in buying a couple. One for me, and one for our club to use as a loaner gun to new shooters.......Thanks.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

12. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

The other gun makers are only interested in trying to get 10-12K out of you! This one probably makes more sense thatn paying over 8 Grand for a Ljutic! Just a few years ago when Ljutics were between 4-5K new and when MX2000's were selling at the end of the Grand for $4995. (Not 10 or 15yrs ago either, was it about 4 or 5?) you could think thats not too bad, but now some prices are just stupid. Over 3 Grand for a Browning? REALLY NUTS!

13. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Site says it weighs 7 pounds. May be my kid's next gun with some light loads.

14. trap4u2

trap4u2 Member

I didn't see any pricing on the website. The site also lists it as a monte-carlo stock but it doesn't look one to me. I may buy one just to have it for when my grand daughter is old enough to shoot. They can't be much over $500 if that, since most of their line sells for less than $300.00. I just checked one of my distributor's catalogs they aren't listed there yet. Joe B.

15. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Based on Mr. Bowen's overload test they should be just about indestructable.

Jim

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Their 260 dollar Varmint rifles are a great addition to that sport. This is in the same vein.

Someone hired a very smart marketing manager.

HM

17. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

I'm gonna get one, looks like a great gun for friends that want to shoot but dont have a gun.

18. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Isn't H&R owned by Marlin, which is now owned by Remington?? Finally, Remington once again has a decent Trap gun!

Tron

19. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

H&R is not going to be able to make this gun fast enough to keep up with demand for the beginner crowd. This little gun will occupy a great little niche. Also well built internally. Very few parts to wear. Price will be reasonable compared to this other Russian crap thats out there. Todd

20. clays

clays TS Member

Tron,

I do believe you are right, Remington recently purchased Marlin which owned N.E.F. and H & R

Clays

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.