1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A NEW PROGRAM FOR SHOOTERS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

SHOOTERS MUST HAVE SHOT 1500 TARGETS, 500 OF EACH TO SHOOT W/0 PENALTY IN THE CURRENT AND 3 PREVUIOS TARGET YEARS.

500 of which must have been shot in the current target year w/o penalty.

Targets will be set in the 3 hole 44 degree angle, 50 yards @ 9.5 feet or with a high power radar gun at 42mph singles and hdcp, 39mph for doubles with the 9.5 height at 10 yards the distance will be OK.

OPTIONS
    Lewis class will be paid 50/30/20 not high gun, # of classes decided by entrys

25 option will be paid 60/40 not high gun.

50s option will be paid 50/30/20 not high gun.

Great Eastern Purse will be paid 25/15/10/25/15/10 not high gun.

Yardage purses will be paid 50/30/20 each yardage 18-20/21-23/24-26/27 not high gun.

Hall of Fame Lewis class 50% to shooters 50% to hall of Fame paid out as above listed Lewis Class.

All added monies will be divided by high scores not high gun, and specified added monies will go with trophies.

Purse by ATA point system not high gun points determined by # of shooters Purse entry will be $30.00 as figured in the 1970s program.

Ford purses decided by perfect 25s and shot off accordingly during the shoot, no shooter can win more than 2 ford purses, which a 100 would earn 2 ford purses. Ties divide.

Shells shall not exceed 1 1/8 oz shot # 7.5s 1200fps.
    1 ounce and 7/8s oz loads cannot exceed 1200 fps.

THIS IS A SHOOTER FRIENDLY PROGRAM AND INSURES MORE PAYOUT MONIES.

My suggested program and I have submitted this for consideration numerous times

The last time to Dennis Filo my OSTA Delegate to bring up in the Annual Board Of Directors Meeting to be held August Thursday the 12th @ 7:00pm

Gary Bryant speaking for the Joe The Plumber average shooter support.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"All added monies will be divided by high scores not high gun"

So tell us how would you divide them??? Please don't say percentage.

Bob lawless

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I guess that leaves me out of the program with all my 1 ounce 1290 fps. loads.

Wayne

4. Dr.Longshot

Ivanhoe- 99s-98s-97s-86s-85s-84s Etc. not 99-99-99-99-99

Like the 99s taking all the money. Not a point system.

The point system would be used on the Wolf purse for the big dogs, top dogs, and the dogs that got off to porch to run with them, that thought they had a chance.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Dr.Longshot

My intentions are to be there Thursday for the meeting. Shoot Friday and Saturday.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

longshot

"Ivanhoe- 99s-98s-97s-86s-85s-84s Etc. not 99-99-99-99-99"

So if there are 10-99 shot they split 50% of the money and if there is 1 98 it pays 30 percent of the money for a lesser score. Which means a 98 is worth more than a 99 and in some cases the lowest score that pays could get the top money in each class!!!!!!!

That is a percentage purse. Why not just give them a raffle ticket when they pay their money. It involves about the same amount of skill as luck of the draw. What you shoot doesn't determine what you win. The scores of other does.

Bob Lawless

7. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Another example of trying to make Trapshooting the same as PeeWee T Ball Baseball. Everyone is a winner. Bull$hit!!! Things are so watered down now the winners are not getting shell money back. Never should a 98 get a bigger reward than a 99. This a game of adult competition, not everyone will/should win. The gun clubs in Western Washington have gone to this PeeWee mentality. The Evergreen gun Club with 36 traps plus practice traps only had a little over 4 squads at a shoot in June. Gun club managers need to wake up!! Reward the highest score and shooters will return. As it is, I'd rather play golf than go to a shoot with a PeeWee Program.

Tomas

8. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

No actual horses were harmed in the making of this picture...

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Well, I for one plan to be there when Delegate Filo presents the three-hole aspect of this for a vote. Finally it will put an end to all the junk we've read here for years. It will be solidly voted down and then everyone will shut up.*

Neil

*ideally

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

There are a few problems though, Gary.

1. For example, according to your proposal, anyone who didn't shoot doubles would be penalty for everything.

2. The shell-speed part is a potential problem too. You need more than a sentence to describe how that will work. I'm a real hard-liner on this and will harass anyone who proposes a rule without the required text. Whoever gets such a rule passed by the BOD cannot pass the job of writing it to the Rules Committee because they do not know how to write it. The one who offers the motion must take full responsibility for the exact wording of the rule and for what happens next - which I think will be at least interesting.

Neil

11. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Looks like another entry fee 20 bucks, win 10 back. Small crowd, too many splits. Option players would rather loose the bet than win less than the entry. Program designed by someone that doesn't play the money, but thinks they understand.

Maltzie

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gary has accurately described the difference between a high gun purse and a purse. With a purse option a lower score can pay more than a higher score. Nothing wrong with either system. They are just different.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.