1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A New P/W Thread

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by twotimer, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twotimer

twotimer Member

Mike, just replaced mine about a month ago. I think about 15K rounds. +-. How is the A10 shooting? I called and talked to "Saint" Carol who sent me to I think his name was Aaron, who helped me with the not so flush screw. I shot Sun aft. in a pretty good head wind. It shoots a lot flatter than my trap gun. Went under a few. All is good, Mike

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Don't feel bad Mike you are not the first and most certainly not the last to stick your finger into the little red jaws of death. Amazing isn't it that even when worn out they will apply a death grip on ones finger. Taking the wad guide apart so one can retrieve the finger, usually with the "off" hand, while cussing oneself is also a special event in itself.

--- Chip King ---

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mike:A picture of that would have been priceless. Maybe one of your face as you discovered it wouldn't slide off as easy as it went on. LOL

Matt

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

What I found breaks down the wad fingers in the P/W and Spolar is using worn STS shells that are rough and catch and break the fingers. Fred

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Fred--I've noticed that on about every machine i've used. Some may be worse than others though. My MEC used to eat those wad guide fingers.

Matt

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Mike (you must have been standing behind me recently): Your thread brought a bit of laughter from me.

I'm always trying to save my customers on shipping, particularly when I send out these wad guide fingers.

On one occasion I had ordered in about 200 12 gauge brushes to put together with my brass die rods that I sell, so I saved the clear plastic tublar containers the brushes came in. A bright light appeared (not too often for me, unfortunately), that I could use these to slide the wad fingers into and then I could use a bubble mailer instead of a cardboard box, and the tube would protect the fingers from crushing.

I cut the end off the clear plastic tube making a hollow cylinder, and slide in a couple of wad fingers. Then I said to myself that "damn" they may be too hard to get out. So, as smart as I am, or thik I am, I pushed my index finger into the cylinder attempting to push the wad fingers on out the other end.

Sure as hell, I got my finger stuck IN the middle of one, and then attempted to pull my finger back out. Blood was everywhere - the fingers really bleed. Damn, that smarted!

I shelved that idea thinking I'd catch the wrap from a customer.

Whiz

7. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Thanks for the smiles! I just learned something. I use to replace the wad finger only when the wads started going in badly. I've had the issue of the finger hitting the shell but never realized it till now, I was just foggy about it. Thanks Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.