1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A new family member will be arriving soon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 1oz, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oz

1oz Member

It has been a bitter sweet last few months .My mother was diagnosed with Stage 3 Lung Cancer Feb. 3rd mother had decide she was going to give it her best shot on fighting this to later find out it has moved to her brain and her own body had turned against itself and her immunity system was attcking her Central Nervous system . After finding out no reversing of this condition she chose not to fight it . Mom is recieving and has been recieving Hospice for 3 weeks going on 4 . Besides taking over for dad which he has had a stroke since this started mother told me she had a Lab pup she wanted me to carry home after she passes . He is solid Black , extremely alert walks around with 3 or 4 things in his mouth and Loves to retrieve very eager to please as well . She told me she had picked this dog out just for me as mother raised Labs either for pets or field trails . His Name is Bo for Mr BoJangles he is 9 months old and will be in the fields this fall . I think I have a very good hunting partner in the makings .
    1oz_2008_0303_1142.jpg

1oz_2008_0303_1143.jpg

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Wonderful opportunity for you. I am caretaking my very old parents now and they are so enjoying my dogs.

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Im so sorry to hear of your parenst and the health issues thay and you are facing. I'm glad that you can see the bright spot(your future hunting buddy). it's my hope that things work out well for you and your family.

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I have a Brittany German Shepherd mix female that I brought home as a foster dog. That was 8 years ago while my Mom was still alive. This dog walked in the house, my Mom was sitting on the couch. The dog was 18 months old at the time, walked over to my Ma and first put her paw in moms lap then her head. Mom looked at me and said what is her name, I told her that the previous owner had named her Gigi. So my mom said to me --- well she's a nice one maybe you should keep her. Mom renamed her Gidget and that is the story of how I ended up with 2 dogs. The happy ending is I wouldn't give up having two dogs now for anything. Mom's not here anymore but I am sure she would approve of my spoiling the hounds.

Best to you.

Chuck

P.S. I'll post a couple pictures of these two Knotheads later.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

So sorry to hear about your Mom. As I type this, my Mom is with Hospice care at her home after a bad stroke. She is comfortable and at peace. I hope your Mom has also had a great and full life. My Mom is 100 1/2 years of age. She was vital until two weeks ago.

For your Mom and mine, let us think kind wishes and memories. If you pray, I hope some will send a prayer. If you have a drink, a drink in their honor. If you reflect, please reflect.

Thanks in advance.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I truly believe that animals sense and feel your pain, you can see it in their faces ...
    wpt_2008_0303_1476.jpg

7. SBray

SBray Active Member

Sorry to hear about your parents. It is a very hard time in life to see your parents health declining.

Looks like Bo will make a very good companion, and be a loyal friend!

Steve

8. 1oz

1oz Member

Thanks guys , Yes mom is resting well and seems to be comfortable thats our main goal at the present time . Yes I wasn't looking for a new family member but it's one I can not refuse . I chuckled the other night wife asked if Black Labs can go to Florida . We have 2 Siberian Huskys and we have been holding off looking in Florida because we know the climate would be very harsh on them and they are getting up in age .We figured 2 -3 years in general we would be down there during the winters and back in VA during the summers . So I'm running back and forth everyday to look out after both and trying to comfort pop as well . Chango ,Chuck ,SBray ,Bruce ,Wireguy and WPT thanks for the kind words.
    Here's the rest of the pups family
    jim
    1oz_2008_0303_1144.jpg

1oz_2008_0303_1145.jpg

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

You're welcome, SBray.

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

A very sad time in one's life that we all face sooner or later. God Bless your Mother and hope that she goes as peacefully as possible. Sudden deaths by a heart attack are a blessing. Hope you have many pleasant years with the Lab, certainly a good looker. Best wishes, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.