1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A new ATA member today...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rookie tim, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

My nine year old son Brandt spent some of his lawn mowing money today to join the ATA. He shot the 200 bird Singles event then the 100 bird Handicap event. I thought the 200 birds might be to much for him but he had no problems and convinced me to sign him up for the 100 bird handicap. We had very high birds the first round, which hurt Brandt's score. The other 175 were better. Brandt really got on track in the handicap event and ended up shooting a 90 X 100 from the 19 yd. line. He thought he was going to get his first 25 strait but missed his 24th and 25th.

It was a proud day for dad.
    Tim

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Congrats, you have every right to be proud!!!! Tell Brandt great job!!!

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Tim- You are a proud Dad. I am proud to be a member of a group that your son elected to join. Members like him elevate all of us to a level that we could never achieve alone.

Pat Ireland

4. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

You have every right to be proud..I think all devoted trap shooters get a little proud when they see another young person sign up for the ATA. (or an older person for that matter) It is the future of our sport. I know that Florida supports our youth by letting them shoot for free (targets only) at our State Shoots and Championship (3) shoots each year. I'm not sure of other clubs but Jacksonville, Flagler and Gainesville let them shoot for half price on our monthly shoots. Congratulations are truly in order and some fine shooting also. Don Kerce

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Great shooting! Welcome to the club...

6. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

The only bad thing that happened this weekend was we found out that the owner of the gun he has been using would like it back soon. Don't get me wrong, we feel very fortunate just to have used the gun at all. I am already looking for a similar gun that will fit him as good as this one. Since he started shooting this gun 3 weeks ago he has bested his previous high score of 18 fifteen out of the last nineteen rounds. You can see why we hate to give it back.
    Tim Boekhout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.