1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Navy SEAL version of the rescue.,..

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bob Schultz, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Picked this tidbit up today while reading some reports on the rescue of the ship's captain taken hostage by Somali pirates. I copied this and was not the person asking the question. Bob

Perhaps this is why Obama wasn't mentioned....
    From a Navy Seal's perspective:
    Having spoken to some SEAL pals here in Virginia Beach yesterday and asking why this thing dragged out for 4 days, I got the following:

1. BHO wouldn't authorize the DEVGRU/NSWC SEAL teams to the scene for 36 hours going against OSC (on scene commander) recommendation.
    2. Once they arrived, BHO imposed restrictions on their ROE(rules of engagement) that they couldn't do anything unless the hostage's life was in "imminent" danger
    3. The first time the hostage jumped, the SEALS had the raggies all sighted in, but could not fire due to ROE restriction
    4. When the navy RIB came under fire as it approached with supplies, no fire was returned due to ROE restrictions. As the raggies were shooting at the RIB, they were exposed and the SEALS had them all dialed in.
    5. BHO specifically denied two rescue plans developed by the Bainbridge CPN and SEAL teams
    6. Bainbridge CPN and SEAL team CDR finally decide they have the OpArea and OSC authority to solely determine risk to hostage. 4 hours later, 3 dead raggies
    7. BHO immediately claims credit for his "daring and decisive" behaviour. As usual with him, it's bullsh--.

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The scenario laid out sounds very plausable to me. A little harsh on the CO od Bainbridge about taking credit though. The Seals, by the nature of their job, cannot take the spotlight, so the CO did. Further, the CO did have the bal^s to make the decision. Good shooting is all I can say. I've shot from a bouncing deck, and to shoot at a bouncing target and do it on command is no mean feat. Bravo Zulu, Seal Team. ...Bob_K...

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

EE if you knew anything you would know that Blackfive is hard wired into the real dudes. Hush. You are beclowning yourself.

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

calling us idiot liberal media?. gfy,,

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Article

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=95451

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Very simple. Milk it for everything it's worth. Guidance from Rahmbo. "Never waste a crisis.".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.