1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Memorial Day Message

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolared person, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

The old guys are passingon quickly-upwards of 1100 every day. Some six decades have come and gone since they came home from the Pacific and European theaters,forever changed by the experience of defending freedom butthankful to be alive.Their counterparts in the Southeast Asian conflicks followed suit, heading over to take on the enemy during the ensuing couple of decades.In allthe soldiers who so valiantly fought in such faraway places between the mid 40s and the mid 70s left behind more than 400,000 lost in battles and the accompanying horrors of war,men and women whose valor is often forgotten despite th ultimate sacrifice. Sure there are people who never forget,family members and fellow veterans who regularly pay homage to the fallen. They gave their lives in places we had not known existed: Avranches, Omaha Beach, Iwo Jima,Hungnam and Khe Sahn, Tora Bora and Tikrit. For many of us the very thought of dying so far away from all we know and love is unspeakably horrible. For those who defend us it is unthinkable not to be willing to do so. Regardless of where we stand on the circumstances thatput our military forces in harms way today or in days past, it cant be disputed that the people that go thre deserve our most profound gratitude. They are putting everything on the line every day. While there is no doubt that we cannever equal the price paid by the hundreds of thousands who have notcome marching home.,what we certainly can do is honor what they gave by celebrating all the reasons why this proud nation is so very worth fighting for. Its about cherishing our our rights to speak, write, gather and worship as we please .Its about loving where we live and working to make it a better place. It is about the exchange of ideas in the interist of improving life for us all. On this Memorial day remember to take a few moments to pause and reflect on the enormous contibutions made by those who sometimes pay the exorbitant price of freedom. .

2. Gilly

Gilly TS Member

kolared person,

Very nice posting.

I would like to think that some of my fallen friends "wink" whenever their name crosses my mind.

Bob Gilchrist

USMC

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

AMEN!!!

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Fly the Flag...

5. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

6. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Amen.

God Bless All

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Freedom is not FREE! It was bought with the blood and sacrifice of brave men and women who have paid to preserve it. Fly the Flag and REMEMBER. I have lost many friends and will always see their faces in my mind. God Bless America! If you can read this thank a teacher--if it's in ENGLISH thank a Veteran!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.