1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A lunch to die for

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I guess you could say that I have a weight problem. With that being said, I made one heck of a nice lunch the other day when my wife just happened to have gone shopping and was out of the house for a couple hours. Sit back, and I will tell you how I made this masterpiece. I am naming it "the to die for lunch" as you should be given a certificate for a free angioplasty after eating it.

3 quarter lb hamburger patties
    1 half stick of butter
    1 seeded hamburger bun
    3 slices of provolone cheese
    handful of hamburger pickles
    handful of sliced hot peppers
    mix mayonnaise, thousand island dressing, and blue cheese dressing together
    1 whole medium size Walla walla white onion

Place the butter in a hot frying pan
    fry up the onions
    fry up the hamburger patties, 3 minutes a side
    place the bun in the butter until it's golden brown
    place a slice of provolone cheese between each hamburger patty
    spread the mayonnaise mixture on the top patty
    add the pickles and hot peppers and the onions
    add ketchup
    take 3 bottles of extra cold beer out of the freezer, as you want it between 38 to 42 degrees.
    1 bag of potato chips

After you are done eating this fantastic lunch, clean everything up, and put away the dishes after washing. When your wife get's home, ask her what is for supper as you are starving.

This is a great lunch . If you are not watching your weight, you can increase the hamburger patties from 3 to 4 quarter pound burgers.
    Enjoy,
    Steve Balistreri

2. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I don't think my partially blocked arteries and stent would enjoy seeing that thing bearing down on them.

They don't seem to mind the beers though.

3. Rem 1100

Rem 1100 Member

The Heart Stopper Special!
    Sounds great to me, you only live once. I live about 44 miles from Walla Walla WA and when the Walla Walla sweets are harvested I make a special trip to pick up a bag.

Chuck

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Weight increase would be the least item of concern with that receipe.

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Steve, you made me hungry, and as far as the high colestrol, I've got it figured out, alcohol is kinda like ether, and ether disolves colestrol, so if you wash it down with a few adult beverages, you've saved yourself

That's my story, and I'm stickin to it!!!!!!!

6. senior smoke

I am joking, but before I went on a better type of diet and lifestyle that recipe was not to far from the truth.

Chuck:
    I love Walla Walla whites, but in my area of the country we hardly ever see them.
    Steve

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Steve: Your burger(s) sound interesting but being from the south I would have to wait for the home grown tomatoes to come in and also have Vidalia onions.

8. senior smoke

I forgot to tell all of you something. I recently had a lot of blood work done and my cholesterol was 165. Yes, I am over weight, but the doctor told me a big part of high cholesterol is heredity. My younger brother is 5'11" tall, weighs 180, and is a fitness fanatic. His cholesterol is 260. He goes berserk that mine is lower than his, and he works out a lot. The doctor also told me "off the record" that in his opinion the medical community has has gone over board about high cholesterol??? He mentioned he has numerous patients that eat and live a healthy lifestyle and have high cholesterol. He said you just can't pick your family tree.

He also told me that I will never be 150 lbs. He said a bull dog will never be a greyhound, but you can be a fit bulldog. He told me that he is not promoting that I eat and drink like a sailor on shore leave, but enjoy life in moderation.
    I can do that.
    Steve

9. senior smoke

DoubleAuto:
    I also love Vidalia onions, that's what we get around here usually.
    Steve

10. senior smoke

lctrapshooter:
    I have not seen those onions yet. I usually purchase a big sack of them when they come in. The reason I also like Walla Walla whites is when I was a kid in the Army I was stationed at Fort Lewis Washington for a time.
    Steve

11. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I would like to try Walla Walla Whites. I may have had them in the past and didn't know it. Down in Georgia where they grow the area is good for pine trees, onions and rattle snakes.

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I think that burger would make me gain all of the 20 lbs that I have lost. Just thinking about it has made me gain 4 or 5, I bet.

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Vidalias are good but after eating a Walla Walla, you will know the difference. The WW is way above the Vidalia

14. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Here's another - sold at Bucks Tavern in Lexington, OH home of Mid-Ohio sports car track:

Iroc-Z Burger (modified by me):

- 1/2 lb ground sirloin seasoned with coarse pepper and garlic (no salt) - grill to preferred doneness
    - 4 thin slices hard salami on bun base
    - cover burger with lightly grilled pepperoni and butter-sauteed mushrooms prepared in advance
    - add preference of hot yellow peppers or jalapeno's
    - melted slices of provolone and mozzarella cheese
    - pile all on a lightly butter grilled sesame bun with a generous amount of pizza sauce (vinegar & oil can also be used as a substitute)

Take one Zantac, open your favorite beverage, grab a handful of napkins and enjoy.

Dave

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Not to be a killjoy but I have lost 157lbs since my surgeries began in Oct '10

16. senior smoke

recurvyarcher:
    My wife read my thread and put me on the scale immediately. Congratulations on the weight you lost.
    Steve

cubancigar2000:
    The Walla Walla's are hard to get in the Milwaukee area for some reason?
    Steve

Dave:
    That burger sounds pretty good. If I was there I'd try it.
    Steve

17. senior smoke

CalvinMD:
    157 lbs lost, that's fantastic!
    Do you feel better?????
    Steve

18. hillestadj

hillestadj TS Member

Sounds kind of like the Bigger Milwaukee Burger from Milwaukee Burger Company...now there's a burger. And if you eat it you get a shirt, oh boy!

19. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Nice job MD, wow! You've no doubt added years to your life.

I had a 4x at 52 but never a weight problem, just lucky to have high metabolism. Now at heaviest ever at 195 but I'm 6'2". Doc says I'm about 15 over so I'm trying to eat smaller portions.

20. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're discribing a burger from "Heart Attach Grill", in Arizona. The watresses dress up as nurses, and with very little clothing. I believe they have a web-site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.