1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A little concerned

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 9point3, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

As a new member of the ATA and a fairly new trap shooter, I am a little concerned at the lack of imformation available about registered shoots on the ATA web site.

Sure the shoot date and range name are listed but in many instances there are no range directions or address listed(maybe a P.O. Box) and no start times.

In today's age of easy information, this stuff should be available at the click of the mouse.

A fellow shouldn't have to make a phone call when this the ATA lets a range post this info.

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

You must be looking in the wrong place, or the club has not supplied the information.

Let's suppose for example that you see that the Idaho State Shoot is at the Pocatello Trap Club May 22-25, 2009. On the ATA website is a segmented map of the USA. Click on the western segment containing Idaho. Click on the Idaho link. Click on the Pocatello Gun Club link. Up comes information including the gps coordinates of the clubhouse, and a link to the club's website which includes driving directions. I suspect you could use the coordinates to get directions in mapquest.com also, and actually see the grounds in Google Earth. In this day and age, a little initiative goes a long way.

3. 9point3

I have been doing all that you have suggested but the the information must not be supplied by the club.

Several clubs here in Iowa have no address listed and the map is either of the city in question (with no range indicated) or there is no map available.

Why no start times?

This is the information age, get with it or get left behind

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

We have two sites in NC - see if the site above has anymore info for your state.

FRedmon

5. Wyogoose

Wyogoose TS Member

Maybe you could volunteer some time to staighten out the website.

6. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Touche, Wyogoose.

7. 9point3

So clubs don't care to put out info and I point it out and I am the bad guy

And people wonder why there are fewer clubs and shooters

8. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Information is not included in the membership fee. Check with Franz Kafka - he'll know if he's not to busy with "The Trail"

Don't you get that feeling sometimes?

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

9.3 you might have to take on the chore of getting yourself on the mailing lists at the clubs you may want ot receive copies of programs of future shoots at their range. When you attend a shoot, make sure they know you want to be on the mailing list from then on or even join a club or two that you may attend events regularly. Above is a web page I check occasionally when I know I'm headed for somewhere new....breakemall....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.