1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A little concern about November

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

While watching Newt's GA victory speech tonight,,,,he pointed to the fact that a candidate for the R's is winning because of spending millions knocking down the other candidates (well at least Newt and Rick),,,,,,but pointed out the fact that mitt will NOT be able to outspend hussein 5 to 1,,,,,while it looks like it will ultimately be mittens,,,,,is he going to be able to promote enough of a positive campaign about himself to offset the negatives put out by hussein???? Just thinking....and wondering....

2. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

BigDog,

We can rant, rave, curse, and everything else on here.

But Obama is in for another 4 years. :(

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Obama by a neck.

He's the incumbent. All he has to do is make it around the track without stumbling. That's the way these things work.

Our chance to beat Obama was four years ago, in the Democrat primary. If the media had done their job and exposed John Edwards' affair and love-child like they should have, instead of sitting on the story because they were afraid to "go first" on it, the White Southern Democrat vote would have been consolidated, Hillary would have won South Carolina, and Obama would have been her Vice President. American women would be tired of looking at her sacky ass while their kids can't get a job, and Romney could "possibly" win.

But it didn't happen that way. The Edwards story was scuttled, Obama was coronated, and he won't leave the White House until he's headed off to Chicago in Marine One to make $100,000 speeches the rest of his life.

And you know what? We're better off this way. The Republican Party has been unified under Obama like I've never, and I mean never, seen before. A buncha moderates like Arlen Specter and Charlie Crist have been tossed out of the party on their asses, and the GOP is currently the most ideologically pure it's been in recent memory. Obama cannot pass a single piece of major legislation over Republican objections in the House. American citizens will leave the Obama years with less real income than they came in with, and no matter how hard Democrat historians try to re-write it and cover it up, Obama and the Democrats will be remembered for a "Lost Decade." Someday, Americans will say, "Ah, yes, the Obama years...when the American Dream Died."

The Pendulum swings.

No party can win every election.

You mark my words, people: Republican Moderates are an endangered species. They cannot survive the Tea Party nominating process in large numbers, like they used to. "Discipline" is coming to the Republican party's ideological agenda, at least on economic matters. Austerity is coming, and will be shoved up the ass of the Government Class like a cattle prod. And most of you on this board will live to see it. The dismantlement of the Government Welfare State is due ahead and unavoidable, because it's unsustainable. There isn't enough tax money in existence to pay for it. And the Chinese won't keep paying for it, either.

If anybody lives off the government, they'll be screaming bloody murder soon enough. Just wait. In fact, you can already hear some of it now. Four more years of budget stalemate between a Democrat President and a GOP House, unable to pass a budget and with major priorities going unfunded, and it will be deafening.

4. bigdogtx

Buzz,,,,,the problem is hussein doesn't need support in congress and has said so,,,,,I truly FEAR if he gets back in,,,,he will sign exec order after exec order and possible stack the Supreme Court that will set this country back 150 years.....

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

.........a lot of water will run under the bridge between now and November.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Uh, buzz-gun, if moderates are being purged out of the Republican Party, how do you explain Romney?

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bri,

He's one of the last big ones left in the pipeline...and his "purge" from the political stage will happen in November (which I will observe with perhaps not too great an amount of anguish). McCain got to "take his turn," so did Romney...but it's just not getting any easier for these guys. When you add up the Santorum and Gingrich votes, Romney would be losing a lot of these states.

Our biggest problem is going to be getting the conservatives to stop splitting their vote between so many different candidates. Note, this also includes you Ron Paul robots, who are essentially helping hand the nomiation to Romney. You keep saying you are tired of voting for lack of principle? All right...as long as there's someone like Santorum in the race, you are full of baloney. Mouth, meet money. If you're still voting for Ron Paul, it's because you're a potsmoker or pro-choicer, not because of any real principled conservative concern. (I don't buy the war argument, either, because it's almost over as an issue, and not worth throwing your vote away over at this point).

8. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

hopefully enuf voters are really gonna be pissed after 4.oo to 5.00 dollor gas prices all summer, and enough, sense, to realize this country needs a change in washington dc, and if not, then well, i guess they will get what they deserved because they voted the dumb asses back in power..........

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Mitt is going to be the man.

There is know way to compete in dollars or airtime with the current media groups in love with Obammy. Obamy can and will get all the free airtime he wants just by asking.

I am not a fan of any of these guys perticularly, but, who ever gets the nod for the nimination I will be behind 100%.

To do anything else guareentees Obammy another 4 years if not for life if Obamy gets his way.

As I have said a thousand times, a vote for anyone other than the Republican nominee is a vote for Obamy.

10. bigdogtx

391,,,,,I agree totally, but I also see mitt NOT uniting the party or conservatives I particular,,,,,,his veep choice will be a HUGE difference as to whether he will win in November or not,,,,,,he is not winning anything in the south yet,,,,,,,going to be interesting.......

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Let's hope for some kind of drama at the repub convention with someone inspiring and exciting stepping in after a failed first round vote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.