1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Life Event and Milestone!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Within the last hour I have filed on-line for Social Security and Medicare! You're born...you work...you file Social Security and Medicare...then you die. Those are the 4 milestones. Does this mean I'm officially and Old Man?

blade(get me my cane)819

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Yes. I am in the same boat.
    Steve Balistreri

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Buying a Harley is a milestone too.

4. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Blade,

Congrats, I'm just glad we made it this far.

5. blade819

Had a Harley for 8 years. Got a new motorhome and a Silver Seitz! Home in the mountains of North Georgia where I wake up each morning above the clouds in the valley. Life has been good so far. Two wonderful grown Children both living in new York City. Lovely young wife. What more can I have other than GRANDCHILDREN!!!!!!!!

blade819

6. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Congrats Blade, yes , you are officially an "OLD FART"

Oscar

7. blade819

I got an "Old Fart" T-shirt from my Daughter last BD. Of course another positive thing this August (65) will be a discounted Veteran Life Membership discount for ATA and an elevated lift into Veteran status. That will happen at the Cardinal Classic. If any of you all have a secret for maintaining one's health and sense of humor after 65, please pass it along.

blade819

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Old Geezer's Club!

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Amazing to me how the Medicare supplemental agents come out of the woodwork when one approaches 65. My mailbox was filling up in January and I don't get there until August. Glad to be here now.

OMG - I'm a Senior. Remind me to tell my gun club after my birthday - no more work hours. <:) Free drinks at some restaurants. Is that all there is?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

10. blade819

Thanks Gene. Movies at a discount also.

blade819

11. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club young feller. Ross Puls (age 71)

12. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

Come on! Shot a 49 in the Big 50 at Myrtle Grove yesterday and was tied by a 62 yr. old whipper snapper. At 81 the K-80 still moves. You have a long, long good time of shooting left.

Break Them All!

Hank Cross

13. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

While standing in the cashier's line this weekend, I was chatting with the wife of a squadmate. They're both old friends.

I learned that she recently retired and now hangs out at a nearby gun club with a group of retirees. The group is self described as 'the old pharts'. She grinned when I used that term and said, "they're more like dribbling geezers".

I didn't know they played hoops too. snicker

sissy

14. blade819

Thanks guys for the humor! I have particularly enjoyed life to the max during the past 11 years and with all the interests and toys, I look forward to at least another 25 or so.

blade819

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

"Sense of humor" you either have it or you don't. Congratulations God has been good to you as he has with me. Mike.

16. blade819

I learned a long time ago that even hard times are softened by humor and laughter. That's why I laugh when I read most threads in the Political Section of TS.com. How can I take these seriously? I have also discovered that political differences as with most others never stand, or should stand, in the way of friendships. Gads I sound like an old Phart!

blade819

17. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Many others have had a similar laid back attitude about politics. Then, one morning, bombs were falling or barricades were in the streets and they were living a nightmare - or not living at all. It's nice to leave the heavy lifting to others because you are too lazy or self-absorbed. Then, when it's crunch time, they run to their neighbor for protection.

Remember the three little pigs? When the first 2 had their houses destroyed they ran next door for shelter. They did not simple accept the responsibility for their laziness. They made their survival someone else's problem.

If you are not part of the solution you are the problem! Get involved. It's that important.

18. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Blade819
    Eventually you will discover that good health is far superior to material things.
    1oldtimer

19. blade819

birdogs.... I hear what you're saying. I've fought for this country, I've voted in every local and national election since 1968 and if needed, I would fight for this country again. However, it's time to become unemotional about things to ensure sanity and life's longivity. Let the fools on the Political Threads get their blood pressure rising and risk a stroke because they are pissed at something or somebody. I'm done. If that's the equivilant of sticking ones head in the sand, so be it. My view is that my entire adult life I took care of somebody or something. Now it's time to focus on Johnny the blade! :eek:)

blade819

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

birddogs, 'get involved'. Good thought and this year wife and I volunteered to work at the polls in my district. I will check identification. Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.