1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Letter To Al Gore

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by KenC, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenC

KenC Member

Dear Al,

Ok big guy, enough is enough. When’s it gonna happen? When’s it gonna get warmer?

As I write this, I want you to know that the temperature is a crisp 17 degrees, quite a bit warmer than it has been here over the last month when it was below 10 degrees on most nights. So far, the last three winters here in western Colorado have actually been colder than the average of the last fifteen, with this winter being the coldest so far.

I must admit that at first, I thought your predictions of Global Warming were a bit, shall I say “bold”, especially considering you based this prediction on only the last 40 years weather statistics. But then again, I guess when you can claim to have invented the internet, you can terrorize us by telling us our icecaps are gonna melt and people in Indiana are gonna have beach front property.

By the way, congratulations on making $150 million while you are saving our planet. It must be great to be able to earn a little spending money while you are doing something so important for all of us.

And I just can’t tell you how much I admire your carbon neutral life style. Even though your Nashville home uses more KW hours in one month than the average American uses in a year, you write a check to Generation Investment Management, a London-based company with offices in Washington, D.C. which administers your Carbon Credits. But Al, don’t you think you should tell the public that you’re the chairman of that firm? That’s sorta like writing the check out to yourself, isn’t it?

Gee Al, I’m sorry, I got side-tracked for a minute there. The real reason for me writing was to ask you if you could be a little more specific as to when it’s gonna get warmer; cause my wife and I are sitting here freezing our asses off with our thermostat at 68 because our heating bill for this December was $100.00 greater than last December’s.

Another reason we really need to know Al, is because all the guys at the Delta Trap Club are making plans to host the “Spring Grand” and it’s all based on your predictions. Al, we’re talking serious money here (well, not like your $150 million). We need to get a commitment here and we need it now.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm not buying the Global Warming thing, either.

There are some who try to stake out an "in the middle" position by saying something like, "Oh, there's no doubt that the Earth is warming, it's just a matter of whether it's Man that's causing it, that's all..."

But I don't even buy that. Rule #1 of trend analysis, is recognizing that the conclusion depends on the time period that is covered. For instance, Ford Motor Company increased their market share last month. Good news, right? Until you look at what their market share has done for the past decade. Bzzzt...wrong answer.

No, as Dennis Miller said on his radio program recently, I think Global Warming could be just another case of "The Crowd Gravitating Towards the Shiny Object."

We've seen this sort of thing before.

It is not Fact. It is Theory.

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

you guys just don't understand!!! There IS global warming, because Algore SAYS there is!

4. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

There's another thread which shows that ice and core samples taken by the Russians, at the Vostok station in the Antarctic, shows we are probably headed for another ice age, and little time to prepare for it.

For people to believe that the climate is irretrievably changed by only forty years of data, is about as lunatic as it gets.

Dennis

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Al needs to go back to tree hugn and Owl watching! These scientist are full of "theories" about global warming and the casue of the hole in the ozone. R12 refrigerant to cow farts! There is a group of scientist that believe that the hole is a natural thing and we shouldn't do anything about trying to stop it. Global warming; talk to me on Tuesday when it's -5 degrees and Thursday when it's -10 for a high temp. Al needs to get his head out of his a$$

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Has anyone read "Red Hot Lies" by Horner yet? If you're looking for fuel to fight your children's teachers and other assorted shallow-minded Greenie's this is the book to cite.

IMO,
    Kip

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Al Gore is a political reject - he is a sorry piece of sh%% and has little to add to our quality of life. He is only interested in profiting from his Global warming BS

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'd sure like to get into the carbon credit selling scam ... er business. I wonder if Algore would sue me for selling credits at half of his price.

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Have you ever noticed that you get your warmest days right before the cold front comes blasting through. It seems that the last few slightly warmer years were only the prelude for the colder years just now starting up. Why should anyone be surprised. Have liberals ever been right about anything. The old saying is true, when you don't believe in God you will believe anything.

10. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Great thread KenC --

You are right on Ken. I'm a little cool here in Payson,Arizona, around 23 degrees most mornings. And the propane bill keep rising ----

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.