1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A lead story

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have my Grabber sold and buying a new PW from Whiz. So, I have my one year old unit moved back to Texas wherest it came originally. So, I was checking the stuff that would go with it (bushings and stuff) and looked at my charge bars. I have my 1-1/8 in the unit as I am loading for Winter kills. And when I looked in the box for the others I found my one ounce wiht the apparatuses attached and then ollked at my other two to read what they were. Sure enough I had a 3./4 ounce (never used it) and a one ounce... Wait... And so I look at the one Ihad been using and sure enough it was a 7/8 oz. I learned quite a bit from that mistake. In particular how soft shooting the 7/8rs were. Adn that I posted my best scores at singles with those loads. Not too smart, but thought you might get a kick out of the story.

Miami

2. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Well if I understand you correctly you were using 1 1/8 wads to load
    a 7/8 shot charge?? How did that work out???

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Good point. No, was using 1 ounce wads with the 7/8 oz

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The big question is will you continue to load 7/8 Oz shells with your new machine?

BTW, I like the weinie shells too - for singles anyway.

5. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

love the 7/8 for singles. i have discovered 3/4 oz also, If I'm feeling confident.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.