1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A John Deere oops

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Who said guard rails are there to protect ya?!! What a mess!!! It looks like the guy just backed it in there. It appears he didn't even touch the fence running right up to the creek.

2. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

I hate when that happens....can't quite figure out what happened here...that 9400 is a big enough tractor that even if the whole planter missed the bridge it should have drug it across on the openers, we have to do that on some narrow bridges from time to time.

I suspect an inexperienced operator saw the air drill or commodity cart slip off the side and panic set in. Next, he maybe pushed in on the clutch pedal and the whole works drug him backwards and sideways....just my thoughts.

We had 2 wheel clamp bolts shear this morning and almost lost a tire on a 4WD like this in the field...an hours worth of hydraulic jacks and impact guns and we were back to work....my problems today pale in comparison to this one.

Thats about a $225,000 tractor, a $90,000 air drill and a $70,000 air cart all piled up in the creek in the photo. my prices might even be a little bit low.

I see the operator had to exit via the rear window as the drill gauge wheel is almost coming into the side of the cab where the door is.

Bob

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Where did this happen? Looks like South Dakota.

Whiz

4. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

Whiz....I suspect you're right one of the Dakotas or Montana...it's a hoe shank opener on the air drill so it's in big wheat country somewhere.

Bob

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

221, you're probably right. I tell this farmer friend of mine all the time............If you want more money, all you have to do is put up another mail box. Me, I've got to work for it........lol lol

Hauxfan!

6. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Stuff like that isn't likely to happen to my John Deere...
    <center>[​IMG]</center>
    Mike

7. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

wow thats going to be expensive, I sure hope its all insured. I have to say the best years of my life where spent behind the wheel of JD equipment just like that. Sure do miss it!!!!

8. Derek

Derek TS Member

Bugger

Derek

9. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Maybe a deer ran in front of him and he was reaching for his rifle,bad things happen when you take your eyes off the road Jon

10. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Still looks like there was a Tornado sometime in the vacinity. Rich.(inPeoria,Az.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.