1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A gun under the Christmas tree

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by HHS, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HHS

HHS TS Member

Remember when there was always some sort of a gun under the Christmas Tree, maybe a neat pair of Roy Rogers six shooters, or a Red Ryder BB gun, or your first 22.
    How many of you gave someone a gun this Christmas?

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I remember times as a kid eyeing up that rectangle pakage under the tree that could only be one thing!

3. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Remember the ol cork pop guns that kids love dearly? This is a thing that will drive Mothers and Fathers up the wall. Got one for my Grandson! The only thing about it is it isn't cork any longer. It's plastic. He has worn one out already to where I was hot gluing the plastic cork on the string and that go to where it would not hold any longer, so, he got another one, only this one was for Christams. He got it from me. And, with Mom and Dad up the wall from the first one I thought it would be nice of me to keep them there. I got a really nice thank you from the both of them. If you want to do the same Cabela's sells em for around $10.00.

Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

4. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

A gift that keeps on giving! Rich, You are enjoying it more than your Grandson!

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I gave each of my three sons a shotgun of their choice this year, they all picked hunting rigs

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

{Music]........."Down they come, zumming to meet our thunder, atta boy, give 'em the gun". As Ron said.....its the gift that just keeps on giving! Let's also hope that in the coming New Year alot of the bad guys will be given the gun! Yeah!

7. gsdesign46

gsdesign46 Member

I gave my son his first shotgun this year on Christmas morning. Remington model 1100. Greg

8. parcours

parcours Member

After thinking about this, I went ahead and gave my son a Perazzi 2bbl, 20/28ga MX5...

What the heck.... He's been shooting his Beretta 686 DU 20ga for a couple of years now...

9. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

When my son was 14, I gave my Dad $100 for his Winchester Model 12, which he no longer hunted with because of infirmities.

I spent many hours in the basement refinishing the stock with many, many coats of Tru-oil, then gave it to my son for his birthday. I'm not sure who was the happiest about this transaction, my Dad, my Son, or me.

My son loves that gun and has taken many deer with it over the years.

Oh, by the way, my Dad bought me my first gun at Christmas when I was 14, a JC Higgins 16 gauge bolt action.

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Pancours, I wish you were my daddy on Christmas. Jake

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Careful kid, you're going to shoot your eye out! lol

Both of my sons had BB guns when they were 5 or 6 and both had 22 rifles when they turned 7. Both had a lot of supervision as I would never just hand the guns over to them without a lot of safety training. Plus, the guns stayed in the gun cabinet unless I was with them.

Had no problems.

Hauxfan!

12. D'ohboy

D'ohboy Member

My brother and I had a couple of those cork guns as kids. We lost the corks and decided that shooting pencils out of them was cooler. Our mom warned us not to. I still remember her breaking the gun over her knee. Dan

13. chrisg

chrisg Member

I gave myself a Citori Featherlite .410 this year. Merry Christmas to me!!!

14. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Not a whole gun, but did get a set of O/U barrels for my Kolar. I have such a great wife.

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

My son just turned one in November. He already has a Krieghoff waiting for him, a .17 caliber rifle to shoot the squirrels, two pistols, a rubber band gun and a plastic shotgun that makes real shooting sounds. His second word spoken was "gun" and every morning and night he needs to go to the gun cabinets and count the guns and touch each one!! Raising 'em right!!

16. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

My father gave me a pre-64 model 70 308 featherweight for christmas about 5 years ago. The following christmas he gave me a leupold 3x9 with the mounts and rings. Best gift i've ever gotten, I'll never forget it.
    Mike

17. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

At 14 dad gave me a 12ga lc smith. Was so dissapointed I did not get an 1100 like his. Went to the deer woods later and a guy offered me 500 bucks and a browning semi 22 like new. Got a better deal than I thought. Still have the gun. Needs to have the barrel resilver soldered. Any idea who does this.

18. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Those Cork guns, I had a couple throught my childhood days. When the cork wore out we would stick the barrell down in some firm mud and it worked great. Although we did abide to the rules not shooting in the face. We could shoot em at the back butt or the sides of a person but never on the front or in there faces. We did ok. Kilt us a many a bad guy with those.
    Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

guns under christmas tree