1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

A Gun Cleaning Rod built to hold up for a lifetime

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jennylin, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jennylin

jennylin Member

0   0   0

Just in time for Christmas!

A shotgun cleaning rod built to hold up for a lifetime. Guaranteed!
    Most likely the last gun cleaning rod you will ever need to buy. Machined from high quality aluminum, the SHOOT TO WIN cleaning rod is simple, strong and just plain works time after time.

Easy to assemble, easy to pack and easy to use this rod is made by a machinist who enjoys the shooting sports and is now available to the gun owner who demands the very best in their equipment.

This cleaning rod can be used in one, two, or three pieces and will be the best investment for the excellent care of your fine shotguns.

Check out our website www.shoottowingear.com for this and other great shotgun cleaning items like our choke tube cleaning rod, wool mops, bore brushes and chamber brushes.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

$69.95 colored/ $54.95 standard.

3. jennylin

jennylin Member

0   0   0

Double Trouble - Click on the "Shop" link on the left side of the home page.

Barrelbulge - $ 54.95 is for a standard aluminum rod. $69.95 is for an anodized aluminum rod.

4. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I have one of these rods (anodized), and excellent value on something that is built to last a lifetime. Of course when you have diabetes, record setting high cholesterol, high blood pressure, eat fast food once a day, and eat more Halloween candy that a couple of kids can while your at your computer for hours a day just how long can you expect to live? I'm sure this rod will be at my cleaning station when I'm long gone. l.g.

5. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

0   0   0

Always good to see a heavy duty cleaning rod. Looks very stiff.

But I admit I have never broken a cleaning rod.

My selection includes the standard Alum rod, oak dowels (female thread epoxied on one end, bicycle handle bar grip on the other) and an expensive, spiral wound, carbon fiber graphite (former driver) golf shaft (R flex) that would not keep the ball in the fairway. My guilty pleasure is to ram that high tech, over priced, POS rod into the barrels of my K gun. It was the worst purchase I ever made in golf equipment. But one of the best for gun cleaning.

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Charles... I like the way you think..

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

0   0   0

RE: I am unabble to access your pricing for the rods

The site uses POP UP pages, make sure you have POP UPs enabled...

By the way, site webmasster, a broken link

Gun Cleaning Rods!

http://http//shop.shoottowingear.com/

Drop the middle http

8. jennylin

jennylin Member

0   0   0

Link repaired! Thanks Joe!

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hey Charles, Do I dare ask how you removed the head from the shaft?? I like your style, it got a big chuckle from me also. Golf temperment and shooting are not compatible. :)

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

0   0   0

A stiff rod is a good thing.

Don Verna

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bob Hawkes---I removed the head from a King Cobra with the offset head (2) days after purchasing that POS to correct a slice. It came off quite easily against that Pine tree on the 3rd hole at South Western Golf Course here in Southern IL. Of course the shaft was a little splintered and the golf shop wouldn't take it back. HMM I don't play golf anymore. My bloodpressure will not allow it. My wife says i have anger issues. True and expensive story.

Matt

12. jennylin

jennylin Member

0   0   0

13. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Fully assembled, what is the length of the rod with the T handle on it?

14. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

OK, I've just gotta ask, what makes this rod so much better than the one I have now? I think I paid $5 for a three section rod with a nice handle that I've been using for about 10 years with no trouble. What makes your rod worth the extra $50?

I'm not knocking the product. I'm sure it is well made. I'm just looking for a little more info before I plunk down some valuable money I could use to buy some targets with.

15. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

0   0   0

I removed the driver head by sawing the carbon fiber with a very fine tooth blade right at the junction of the head. At the big end, where the expensive leather grip was, I epoxied the brass of a 28 ga. shell. At the narrow end where the head was, I epoxied a wooden grip. I fold over a standard shootgun cleaning patch and ram it through the 12 ga. with the 28 ga. end. Fits real tight. Almost like someone planned it.

That's a $300.00 cleaning rod. Still play golf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.